Spacious, 3000 sq ft home, 5 bedrooms, 4 full baths, 1 half bath, nestled on 2 private acres in Quechee Lakes Resort. Wrap-around porch, barn garage, jacuzzi, and sun porch enhance your stay. Major renovations in 2018 including an entirely new lower level, painted inside and out, new roof, new hard wood floors installed. All new furniture. Linens provided. King, 2 queens, 2 bunk beds and two pull-out couches sleep 10-12 comfortably. Resort amenities include indoor pool, outdoor pool, two 18 hole championship golf courses, ski slope with quad high speed lift, squash courts, spa, health club, private dining. Washer dryer in house. Close to Woodstock and Dartmouth. We look forward to having you as our guest.
5 bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms, 1 half bathroom, sleeps up to 10 - 12
- Calendar last updated:
- 12 Dec 2018
Pool / Spa
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
Wonderful home in the woods, great hosts.
We had a lovely stay. Plenty of space so you could have several families and not be on top of each other. Beautiful spot, we saw hot air balloons when we went out for a walk one morning. The house is well appointed with everything you need for a weekend in VT. The host was fantastic, very nice, flexible, overall a perfect visit.
Lots of bedroom space for an extended family weekend and quiet, excellent location near town.
Not quite as advertised
First the positive:
1. We really enjoyed Quechee. It's a quaint little town that was close to everything we were there to do. We visited VINS, which the kids loved, the Simon Pearce showroom (check out the glass blowing downstairs) and the Children's Museum nearby in NH. We also enjoyed some great food in Woodstock.
2. The house is plenty large. We had 6 adults and 4 kids aged 4-7. Each couple had their own bedroom and the kids loved the two bunk rooms downstairs.
3. Michael was highly communicative and sent two sets of keys as we weren't sure who would arrive first. He gave great recommendations for the area.
4. We visited the lake one day (the free part of the Quechee Club) and really enjoyed swimming, paddle boarding, pedal boats, etc.
The Not So Good:
1. The house no longer looks anything like the picture on line. The roof is falling apart, with whole areas of shingles fallen off and a tree growing through the roof on the back. The front walkway was completely overgrown as was the rest of the yard (my in laws cut back the plants so we could walk through) and several stones in the walkway itself were missing or broken, creating a hazard especially for the kids. When we drove up I became extremely concerned as to what we would find inside, based solely on the outside.
2. Luckily the inside seemed better maintained, though the screened porch was unusable as it was dirty and there were pieces of wood with nails sticking out that had fallen from the windows.
3. The only air conditioning was in the dining room and an upstairs bedroom (window units). The rest of the rooms were extremely hot at the end of July. The kids had it nice and cool, but outside of the bedrooms, there was no furniture in the common room downstairs so it wasn't really a place for them to hang out.
4. There was an abundance of sheets and towels, which was nice, but most were quite worn and almost all of the sheets had holes. The bunks didn't have mattress pads at all. Nor were there window coverings downstairs.
5. We were required to strip all beds and wash the linens, putting them back before we left, or pay an extra fee. I've never had to do this and it made me worry that previous guests could have just made the beds and gone on their way without actually washing. Had we had early flights we never would've been able to wash linens for 10 people and 7 beds.
I imagine the house was quite nice at one point, it just hasn't been maintained at all so be aware.
House was amazing
Perfect home for families,right off main route 4, we had a wedding at Quechee, this was perfect location for all wedding functions, we had 11 adults, loved bedrooms with bathrooms, loved inside layout of home, will book this home again if needed.
Good house for a large gathering; needs a little attention
Overall, this rental was a bit of a let-down. The house appeared quite run-down from the outside when we arrived, and a bit forgotten. We arrived to some laundry issues that the owner has apologized for, but were still annoying to deal with. The house is clearly a work in progress and has the potential to be great, but we were disappointed to find an overwhelming paint smell in the newly painted basement, and NO window coverings at all in those bedrooms. The kitchen supplies/cabinets need a very good cleaning out. However, cleaning and laundry supplies were plentiful. We also had to receive and mail the key via US Mail, which in this day and age is a bit unexpected, and wasn't very convenient for a family on a long road trip, but I can appreciate to some extent if this is the more laid-back Vermont way. The location is very lovely for exploring Woodstock and wasn't too far a drive from Waterbury for the day. I would imagine it's gorgeous in the fall! Jake's Market nearby is wonderful for grabbing breakfast to-go. One wonderful attribute of this rental is the number of beds and bathrooms.
Wonderful house, plenty of room for a family get away. Beautiful views. Short drive to Woodstock.
Access passes available to Quechee Club for on premises golf (2 championship courses), skiing, lake, tennis, trails, dining and more. Close to great fishing and hunting. Thirty minutes to Killington, forty to Okemo. Just 5 miles to Suicide Six and Woodstock, ten miles to Dartmouth/ Hanover. Four miles off Exit 1 on Route 89, just over 2 hours from Boston.
Other Activities: Canoeing
Additional pricing information
$250-$600/night depending upon season $1500-$4500/week depending upon season $250-$600/night Weekend & Midweek packages (2 night minimum) Renters responsible for cleaning linens. Cleaner can do so for an additional fee. Discounts available for longer & Seasonal rental Seasonal winter rental available, price dependent upon dates.