The lodge backs up to a 2000 acre park called Warren Dunes that runs along Lake Michigan. The lodge is on the North end of the park with no parking lots on the lake so it is very private. The beach trail starts a few houses down at the end of Floral Lane. It is a beautiful hike to the beach over the dunes. The rooms in the lodge all open to a 66 foot long by 10 foot wide screened porch that houses the private hot tub and access to fenced yard and patio with fireplace pit. Also WBFPL in LR.
- House1000 sq. ft.
- Separate WCs0
- Minimum Stay1 - 3 nights
2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 4
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- 18 Jul 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
We had a beach weekend bachelorette party, and this place was perfect for us! The house is very nice and the location is great. The beach is a bit of a hike, but we enjoyed it. Thanks for a wonderful stay!
Perfect for our event
This was a perfect place for us to celebrate my sisters bachelorette party. It fit all guests well, although we did bring air mattress’ for people to sleep on. Perfect kitchen for all our needs as well as space for everyone to enjoy the weekend getaway. Patti was quick to respond to all emails and messages. Would definitely stay again. Thank you Patti!
Well-kept home with nice amenities and right next to Warren Dunes State Park!
We really enjoyed our time here! The home was very clean, with new/modern finishes and appliances, a large enclosed porch and enclosed yard, and was just a block away from the entrance to a trail in Warren Dunes State Park.
Things we loved about the home:
1. Clean and tidy - solid surface kitchen counters, tile floors, everything very well maintained, and a lot looks like it was recently updated
2. Charming decor - cute art work, well furnished, comfortable sitting in the living room
3. Warm and cozy - there's a real fireplace with wood/starters provided; heating system worked great; shower and tub had great pressure
4. Outdoor Jacuzzi - in cold windy weather, there was nothing better than jumping into the outdoor hot tub! FYI - you can see straight out into the street from the tub, in case you're shy
5. We didn't use them, but there's TV, wifi, even built-in speakers
6. The homeowner - we like to be left to our own devices, and that's what we got. The homeowner communicated quickly to some questions we had once we arrived.
7. The enclosed back yard - we brought our dog and she loved running around the yard!
8. Right next to Warren Dunes - literally a block away. We just walked down the road and were on a trail.
Things we didn't love
1. The only thing we didn't love about the home was that it was right off a small "highway." In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't all that bad. When you're in the backyard you hear the swoosh of cars passing by every once in a while, but it's not a big road and there are barriers between the yard and the road so you don't see the cars very much.
All in all, we had a great time, loved the yard and hot tub, found the home charming and comfortable, and would definitely consider coming back again!
This place will be our vacation spot from now on!!!
Everything was perfect!!!!!!
New, well appointed home in a beautiful State Park
The home was clean, new, warm and very comfortable. We really enjoyed the wood burning fireplace and the hot tub. Host was very responsive and helpful with each question we had. At the end of the street is the State Park with a hiking trail that leads over the dunes to the lake. It was a beautiful hike, even in winter. Perfect spot to get out of the city and enjoy nature but still have plenty of creature comforts. Thanks!
My husband and I Spent the weekend with son and daughter in law in this home. We were able to get several nice hikes in because the unit is so close to Warren Dunes. The fenced in yard made it private and protected for our dog. It was also very close to the road. Since it was chilly it was not too bad but if we had windows open would’ve been too noisy. The home is modern and clean. The Hot tub was very clean and had nice features. There was ice in the freezer and the kitchen was stocked well with pans and dishes. Would have liked to have more staples, like pepper or condiments. WiFi was finnicky and didn’t always connect. Close to Sawyer which is a fun little town.
Warren Dunes Park gets a million visitors a year.That's how popular it is. Since I back up to the North end of the park where there is no public parking lot it is very remote. The immediate area is host to many fine award winning internationally recognized wineries. There are also two Las Vegas style casinos within 20 and 30 minutes. Captain Mikes theme park is kiddy corner fron my property and has go-karts, bummer cars on water, miniature golf and other water activites and game room. There are also the nationally renown Greenbush Brewery with a ten minute drive as well as other local breweries.There are also many live entertainment places in the area both at the casinos and regionally known Acorn Theatre in Three Oaks. There is berry picking inthe summer and applepicking in the fall and numerous outdoor markets and direct meat , egg and farm stands.