Glencraig is a contemporary house nestled in an acre of woodland garden, close to the River Nethy. It has 5 bedrooms, large kitchen/dining room, lounge, games room, 2 bathrooms, further WC and utility room/drying room. Both the kitchen and lounge have doors leading to the patio - perfect for BBQ s, watching the red squirrels and birds or sitting out in the evening warmed by the brazier. The games room, with its table tennis table, Sky TV, DVD player and plentiful games, toys and books for all ages will keep everyone occupied whatever the weather. The property sleeps 10 comfortably and there are a further 2 pull-out beds in the games room, if required, as well as a travel cot and high chair. Children will love exploring around the numerous trees, playing ball games on the grass, finding the home-made den and hiding in the little wooden play house. There are extensive walks and off-road cycle tracks right from the door and the village shop/butcher is only a 10min walk along the river
In and around Nethy Bridge are the following attractions:
• Hotel, Bar & Restaurant (Nethybridge Hotel)
• Beautiful 9-hole golf courses in Nethy Bridge and nearby Grantown and an 18-hole course at Boat of Garten (7km)
• Tennis Courts
• Well-stocked Village Shop and excellent local butcher
• “Landmark' forest theme park at Carrbridge (10km) including water slides, maze and small roller coaster.
• Cairngorm Ski Centre with its own year-round funicular railway access and Lecht Ski Centre near Tomintoul
• Extensive Mountain Bike trails and walks connecting to the Rothiemurchus trails, Speyside Way and beyond
• Aviemore with its wide range of shops, pubs & restaurants, leisure centre, swimming pools and cinema.
• The Cairngorm Mountains – ideal for hill-walking and climbing
• New mountain bike skills loop at nearby Grantown with berms, table-tops, north-shore and rocks
• Unspoilt beaches of the Moray Coast with dolphin-watching available
• Fun House large indoor soft play centre at Coylumbridge
• Kincraig Wildlife Park with polar bear, monkeys and tigers amongst other wildlife
• RSPB Centre at Loch Garten with the famous Ospreys
• Speyside – the heart of Scotch Whisky production with many distillery tours available.
• Watersports Centres on nearby Loch Morlich, Loch Insh and numerous excellent rivers and lochs for canoeing
• Highland Folk Museum in Kingussie