Paradise Found!!! This private, clean comfy home sets peacefully among three acres of flowers, landscaped grounds, ocean views, sunsets, and singing birds. The stars and moon are captivating from this property. We are close to many favorite beaches, local restaurants, grocery stores, farmers markets and yet secluded enough to relax and be at ease. You'll find this serene setting to be one of the most relaxing places you've ever vacationed.
24/7 keyless entry offers privacy, flexibility, and complete ease when checking in/out. The home is approximately 850 sqft. One bedroom, one bathroom with shower, toilet, vanity/sink, full kitchen area with some food provided (pasta, rice, spices, and refrigerator condiments). Kitchen area opens up to the living area with two couches. We also have a queen size Aerobed (air Mattress) for additional sleeping accommodations. Large windows nearly fill every wall. There is a SMART TV with high speed WiFi. RELAX and BE at HOME.....
The outside space is private and serene. Beautiful walking paths are even lit at night. So much healing beauty at this home to adequately describe in words.
You'll be able to access the house and three plus acres of pristine Native Hawaiian landscapes. We have landscaped walkways and Roughed-in trails for your hiking fun. Please be careful!
Interaction with Guests....
This is our private vacation home for you to enjoy. We will only be available by text, phone, email. However, in the event of an emergency, we do have friends and family in the area. Please do not hesitate to call us.
We are one hour from Kona and one hour to Volcano National Park. Great location to be in the middle of it all...
Ocean View (also known as HOVE Hawaiian Ocean View Estates) is an eclectic community of people who like to live away from the larger populations. It is totally reliant on catchment rain water or purchased by the truckload. Land is still very affordable. Come see if this kind of living is for you! We have 3 grocery stores, several restaurants, gas stations, a hardware store, a beauty shop and other miscellaneous businesses.
Ocean View can be challenging if you are looking for an address in the dark. Please call for the best way to locate our home. There are no streetlights and most addresses are not lighted at night.
Enjoy the serenity of our rural private home and enjoy a magnificent view of the ocean from our front deck. You will feel that you are in a world of your own. Take a hike around the land or relax in one of the several indoor/outdoor sitting areas. Star gazing, searching the trees for chameleons, feeding the charming island birds, or just sipping coffee in the first morning light: are just a few things to do around The Bamboo House.
A rental car is necessary as public transit is scarce. Parking is available. GPS DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK EVERYWHERE ON THIS ISLAND.
We relatively close to South Point, Green Sand Beach, Pohue Bay, Road to the Sea (another green sand beach), Honomalino, Punalu'u Beach (black sand beach with sea turtles), and many other spectacular beaches with snorkeling/swimming/other recreation opportunities.
We recommend: The Big Island Revealed. Our favorite book about everything on the Big Island. Wherever you decide to stay, this book is a wealth of information.
VACATION RENTAL RULES:
Check in is 3 pm.
Please don't try to check-in early unless already arranged as the cleaners need this time to prepare the home for your arrival.
- Please call/text owners Bill or Michelle with your estimated time of arrival to the house at.
- All occupants must be attentive in conserving water. We are on water catchment. Which means, the rain is collected from our roof, held in a catchment tank, then filtered before use. Be mindful of water usage. The tank could run low/out. If that happens, let us know, we will call for a water delivery immediately.
- Tap water is not for drinking/cooking. Only use for shower, cleaning and such.
- Only the confirmed number of guests are allowed on the property. We do not allow more than 4 (including children) guests at any time. We do not allow parties on the property. This includes weddings or receptions (this is due to our water conservation needs) sorry.
- Observe the Hawaiian style by removing your shoes before entering.
- Place luggage on labeled counters/dresser. Not on bed or couches. This is being clean and respectful to the guests who follow you.
- Clean up any spills immediately. Do not cut anything directly on the countertops, use dish-ware or cutting board provided.
- Do not flush sanitary products down the toilet. We are on septic.
- Place recycling below House, in designated area upon checkout.
- Place trash in black trash bag, under house in grey trash can.
- Please follow these Checkout Procedures: Checkout time is 11:00 am. If you plan to check out early, please call/text Bill or Michelle.
Due to the short period of time we may have to prepare the house for the next guests please place sheets and towels in a basket on the washer. Our housekeepers will wash when they come clean. We understand this may be inconvenient but it's necessary so that we can have the home ready before the next guests arrive at 3:00pm.
Take out the trash/recycling.
Wash, dry and put away dishes.
Turn off all lights. Close and lock all doors/windows.
Close gate at top of stairs.
Close gate at bottom of driveway.
- Please, check your vehicle for any items that are supposed to remain at the house.
We want to thank you in advance for your attention to our House rules. We really hope you have a wonderful stay!
Bill and Michelle