Our cabin is a perfect place to stay to enjoy all the Lake Shasta area has to offer including swimming, boat and water sports, fishing, hiking trails, and snow activities. After a day in the Great Outdoors, you’ll love to come home to a sense of privacy and relaxation, a wraparound deck in the forest, vaulted ceilings, renovated kitchen and bathrooms, and new appliances. Great for a romantic getaway, couples' trip, family vacation with kids, large groups, and furry friends.
Our home is a 2-story A-frame cabin that sits on an acre of private forest. It was fully renovated in 2016 and the brand new carpeting, hardwood floors, and appliances give it a modern, clean, and luxurious feel while still being in the center of nature.
- Large, open concept living room and dining room. Living room has a pull-out sleeper sofa and a recliner couch. Dining room has large table with seating for 6. Vaulted ceilings give the living room a spacious feel and double set of sliding glass doors provide beautiful views to the wraparound deck and surrounding trees
- Fully renovated modern kitchen with brand new microwave, oven, dishwasher, washing machine, and dryer. Kitchen comes equipped with a variety of sizes of brand new pots, pans, mixing bowls, utensils, glassware, dishes, a toaster, 12 cup coffee pot, blender, and more. Very convenient for guests who enjoy cooking... just bring the ingredients!
- Guest Bedroom #1- Perfect option for kids or larger groups. Has 2 full size beds, a small tv with built-in DVD player, dresser, and closet
- Guest Bedroom #2- Queen size mattress, dresser, and closet with a relaxing, lakeshore theme
- Newly tiled bathroom with shower/ tub combo
- Cozy, carpeted loft area with loveseat, leather chair & ottoman, large coffee table, and media console with TV & DVD/ Blu Ray player. We also very large selection of DVDs.
- Master Bedroom with brand new California King size bed, dresser, and large closet. Attached bathroom with spa tub, separate shower, and his & her sinks. Master bedroom also has attached second floor balcony with outdoor table & chairs. Perfect place for a romantic breakfast & coffee.
- The highlight of the house is the wraparound wooden deck that spans 3/4 of the home equipped with plenty of seating for outdoor dining, reading, playing, & general relaxation.
- New 5 burner propane BBQ on patio available for guest use
- Long, private driveway makes for a nice morning walk & runs parallel to Roaring Brook
- Heat & AC
Located off of the Gilman Rd/ Salt Creek exit off Interstate 5-North. Approximately a 25 minute drive north of Redding, which allows for convenient access to a wide variety of grocery & chain stores. The Mountain Retreat is a 10-20 minute drive from a selection of boat ramps & marinas, allowing those who have a boat quick access to Lake Shasta & those who are interested in renting a boat for the day an easy way to do so. Although you could easily spend every minute of your stay at the lake, the house is also close to many hiking trails, rafting, fishing, antiquing, dining, and more! There is a binder in the home with a list of recommendations & directions to some of our favorite activities & destinations to help ensure you get the most out of your time in the Shasta region!