|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
* Attractive 300 years old stone house over 2 floors in Semur en Auxois
* Original stone walls and exposed beams give incredible charm
* Handcrafted staircase leading to the first floor
* Overlooks a leafy green park and to the rear has views of 4 medieval turrets and the ramparts
* Renovated in 2011 with all modern comforts including gas central heating
* Perfect for 2 couples, or a family with a baby/1 or 2 teenagers
* Enclosed garden with wisteria, old roses and herb garden
* An adjacent house is available for larger parties (property: 1405348)
* Open plan sitting room and dining area for 4 to 6p – ground floor (leading to garden)
* Fully equipped kitchen with gas cooking facility – ground floor
* Master bedroom with double bed, table and chairs, mirrored wardrobe with drawers, view of the ramparts and turrets - 1st floor
* Second bedroom with a double bed (can be separated into 2 single beds (to be specified at time of booking), shelves, desk and chair – first floor
* Separate toilet – ground floor
* Very light and modern bathroom, Italian shower – ground floor
* Laundry – exterior
* Wifi, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, hair dryer
* Top and ground floor safety gates on stairs + baby changing area – first floor.
* International Satellite TV, radio, games and books
* Parking space at front door
* Clothes folding table in laundry
* Garden furniture, deck chairs, BBQ
* All baby equipment available, cot, bath, high chair, plates, cutlery, beakers and toys…. (if needed please ask Patricia)
* All linen provided, ready to move in
* Bike rack, secure parking for bicycles
* 8 mins walk to town centre (medieval streets, river)
* Cafes for breakfast and bakers for your morning croissants and baguettes
* Central within vineyards of the Burgundy regions (Chablis to the North, Beaune and Dijon to the South) as well as local Auxois wines
* Many historical sites within easy reach such as Abbey de Fontenay, Chateau de Bussy Rabutin …
* Many local walking, riding and cycling routes (Canal de Bourgogne)
* Bike rental available near Canal
* Fishing (pike perch etc..) River and Lake in the Morvan
* Good swimming pool in Montbard for children and adults – 15mns drive
* English classes/French classes available at additional cost
Dijon - 80 kms about 1hr
Paris - 250 kms about 3 hrs
Lyon - 230 kms about 2.5 hrs
By Train - Station Montbard
Eurostar + TGV from the UK
Direct TGV to/from Paris Charles de Gaulle airport
Then Bus, taxi or rental car
Bus service to and from Montbard TGV station. Bus stop 20meters from the house
Hertz car rental available from Monbard train station (pleaase ask Patricia for details
Bus services to major surrounding towns
Hello, my name is Patricia. I lived abroad most of my life, USA, Portugal... and I spend 12 years in the UK. I worked in Sales and Marketing in the IT Industry and I now teach English and French. I moved to Burgundy in 2010 and renovated 2 gites, I am also the founder of 123lang.com.
Patricia Bigot purchased this house in 2007
I fell in love with Semur as a child, the house was a family property. I decided to renovate it and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.
This property is ideal for families with children or two couples. If you want to have a joint holiday with another couple or grand parents but want to keep your independance, then you can also hire property 1405348.
We thoroughly enjoyed our 10 day holiday in Semur en Auxois. What a delightful medieval town, looking like a fairy tale, it oozes French charm. The perfect base to enjoy the many enjoyable attractions in the area.
Patricia, owner of the property, is kind and helpful, speaks perfect English, which helped to make our stay memorable.
Semur has all the shops you could wish for, including a market on Sundays. Its charm, however, is in many medieval buildings and the lovely river that runs through the town.
On our first evening walk to the town, we were delighted to hear a nightingale right near the cottage. The perfect start to the perfect holiday...
Great location for exploring the area. Wonderful old village to visit and easy access to activities such as cycling. the accommodation itself is beautifully presented and very comfortable.It was lovely to have an outdoor/garden area to sit and relax after a day of sightseeing. Patricia made every effort to ensure that we had everything we needed, with good advice and local knowledge.
The property fully met our expectations and Patricia was the perfect host. Within walking distance of a lovely old town we had a wonderful week.
I am delighted to be able to write a review about Le Jardin du Roitelet. We all had the most wonderful week at the gîte. The welcome by Patricia was much appreciated as was the very pleasant mid-week drink in the garden where we were able to try out our French with your other guests. An added bonus was the wonderful weather. We found the gîte very well appointed and it contained all that we could possibly need, and the use of the wi-fi /internet was extremely helpful. The garden also was delightful and a good place to recharge ones batteries watching the swallows, settling into a good book or just dozing with the gentle perfume of the roses wafting by and eating our meals there.
There are so many places of interest to visit in the area that we were spoilt for choice (Noyers, Alesia, St Remy de Reine (for the Romano-Gallo remains and Cheval Blanc restaurant), Dijon, Abbaye de Fontenay, Chateau de Bussy-Robutin to name but a few) , but in fact we managed to see an amazing amount in just 7 days without doing too much driving, as they were so close by. The fascinating town of Semur en Auxois is walkable from the gîte for collecting the morning croissants, and provided some good meals as did the surrounding area. A good local restaurant and a wine shop is only 3 minutes walk away.
Very sad to leave and will hope to return in due course as there is still so much to see. An easy drive from Calais in just over hours.
We thoroughly enjoyed our rental home and host. The house is well cared for and thoughtfully appointed. Patricia was gracious and informative. We chose not to rent a car and successfully used the local buses to navigate this beautiful area. The town itself is delightful and the local tourist office very helpful. We would recommend this home to others.
we were greeted warmly into a very spacious very clean and beautiful house.Well appointed with views of the town Semur. space for car out side house. the bed was so comfortable and the linen pristine white.We were invited to have drinks &meet fellow guests in the garden,spent sunny warm evening,lovely roses but the rains this year have been worse for 30years so countryside is drenched.Walk into town up and down hill. Car parking very busy in centre.Good centre to explore area and lots of information leaflets from good tourist office.Very helpful owner Pat who welcomed us was on hand to help but was not intrusive.A pretty, interesting medieval town with lots to do and see..good place to stay on edge of town.Pen Jubb.June 2016.
We stayed at Le Petit Jardin from May 25th - June 1st and we had an incredible time. At first I thought that the location of the cottage would be more in a rural setting rather than at the edge of the village so I was a bit surprised when we first pulled up. But I have to say that the location turned out to be ideal! We were right across the street from a small park and just around the corner from public transportation and the village was just a short walk away (even shorter once we found the shortcut at the base of the first tower). We fell in love with this place and if I could I would have never left! The layout was very nice, the beds were extremely comfortable and the kitchen, although small was stocked with every conceivable thing we could have needed. The views from every window were just lovely and the garden with it's climbing roses and beautiful plantings was very relaxing and peaceful. We loved having use of the washer and dryer too!
Patricia is hands down the most gracious person I have ever dealt with when it comes to vacation rentals - we went to her home and had wine and hors d'ourves with her and another couple who were staying there and we instantly felt that we had made new friends.
We did have a small plumbing issue but Patricia was on that right away and made sure we were well taken care of!
The little village is incredible and although on the small side there is plenty to see and do here. We walked there multiple times and each time made new and beautiful discoveries along the way.
I have no hesitation giving Le Petit Jardin and Patricia the highest marks and we hope to return in the future and stay here again.
Paula and Robert
Discover 'La Bourgogne' whilst relaxing in this quiet house.
Explore an area full of history, visit the Abbey de Fontenay (Unesco monument), the Château de Bussy Rabutin, tour the Vineyards , cycle or cruise the renowned canal of Burgundy or follow the footsteps of the Santiago de Compostella pilgrims to Vezelay .
Semur en Auxois is surrounded by very lush and green countryside and is close to the Morvan National Park and therefore is ideal for travellers longing to step into history, gastronomy or wine tasting.
Activities: Many activities such as cruising the canal, cycling (bicycle rental), hiking in the beautiful countryside, swimming in the beautiful Lac de Pont or others are available. Great Swimming Activity Center in Montbard for children and adults.
The medieval town of Semur en Auxois hosts every year a renowned medieval festival not to be missed (end of May)
Get dressed for 2 days as a medieval character, costumes to be hired from Tourist board.
Semur is also renowned for painters, many painters come to Semur and love painting on the river banks and catch a glimpse of this quiet river l’Armancon.
Summer Music Festival in Semur's famous church or neaby places.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 30 Nov 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£216|
|Stay tax||€1 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 13 years.|
Prices are in euros,
Reservations are taken via email or phone
Please visit my website for more photos and information about the house. http://www.semurlocations.com
For short stays please ask for a quote. Payments are made on line.
Cleaning Fee of 60 euros will be due to the owner on arrival
Terms and conditions are visible on line. A contract will seal the rental