Welcome to Eagle Point Lodge on pristine Moosehead Lake. Eagle Point Lodge is a private wilderness getaway offering private waterfront house/camp rentals, guided outdoor excursions and many wildlife adventures. With over 40 private acres and 2000 ft of clean water frontage Eagle Point Lodge offers the perfect private getaway on one of the most northern and scenic parts of Moosehead Lake. Surrounded by scenic views, mountains and privacy… all on year round maintained roads, in the middle of Moosehead’s wilderness.
Camp 50 at Eagle Point Lodge has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Master bedroom with a king size bed fully furnished and windows that look right out at the lake. There is also a twin bed in the master bedroom for children and/or extra sleeping area. There is a Bunk room with 2 sets of bunk beds in the bedroom next to the master bedroom. In between these two bedrooms is a full bathroom with shower. On the other side of the camp there are two large bedrooms with bunk bed set ups that include a full bed on the bottom and a twin bed on the top (perfect for family with kid/kids). Between both of these bedrooms is another full bathroom with a shower. In the middle of both sets of bedrooms and bathrooms is a wide open living room with large sliding glass doors that go directly out to a large deck overlooking the lake. The living room has a wood stove and stone mantle around it. Living room has two couches one of which pulls out to a bed. Full Kitchen with propane stove, dishwasher and very large wood finished kitchen table that seats 10. Camp 50 is fully furnished with "log cabin like" tables, lamps and decor. There is a full basement with a washer/dryer and room for storage of equipment. Two car garage attached to basement allowing you to easily pull vehicle, snowmobiles, atvs, side by sides etc inside. Fully furnished with all of todays modern amenities without a sole in sight!
-Refrigerator and Freezer
-Wifi/Roko/cable/DVD player (bring own dvds)
-Washer/Dryer (provide own detergent)
-Coffee maker/Small Keurig (small filters not included)
-Clean Linens/pillows provided (bring your own blankets/sleeping bags etc)
-Cell service and data at camps(Verizon&US Cellular)
-Gas outdoor Grill for cookouts (gas provided)
-Fire pit on lake (firewood 5$/large bundle)
-Deck right on the Lake connected to stairs to the dock
-Snowmobile Rentals(225$/day) right from camp no hassle
-Kayaks and Canoes Available for rent (35$/day)
-Boats available for rent. Will be docked upon arrival. (150-350$/day)
-Group Wildlife/Moose Shuttle tours with breakfast,lunch or dinner breaks in between. (350$)
-Shuttle services by road (100-350$)
-Boat shuttles to all places on Lake (50-350$)
-Guided Fishing (350-600$)
-Guided Beach/Camping excursions (350-600$)
-Trails for hiking and snowshoeing
-Access to Snowmobile trails
Activities and adventures
1. Kayak/Canoe on Socatean Stream – Take a wildlife adventure down Socatean Stream right from the private beach and dock in front of camp. Enjoy seeing moose, loons and other wildlife while taking an easy paddle on a kayak or canoe. Time it up to catch the sunset and take in the breathtaking colors of the sky with views of the mountains in the background. (See Kayak/Canoe Rental Details)
2. Boating – Cruise around and enjoy the most private parts of the lake. Stop and use the boat as a swimming platform to enjoy the clean, cool deep water. Enjoy unbelievable views of Mt. Kineo, islands and catch sunrises and sunsets right from the middle of the lake comfortably lounging on the deck of a boat. (See boat rental details)
3. Private Beach Outing – Enjoy a sunny warm day with friends and/or family by picnicking and exploring one of the many private beaches just a short boat ride away from camp. Check out Pebble Beach, Farm Island or even one of the private beach sites up on Big Duck Cove. Pack the cooler, beach towels, blankets and enough supplies for the day to make an entire outing of it! (Check out our fully guided/set up beach outings and lakeside camping excursions)
4. Day Trip/Hike on Mt. Kineo – Take a rental boat or boat taxi trip (see rental/service details) for a day trip to the famous Mt. Kineo. With just a short 5 minute boat ride you can spend some time hiking the mountain itself or around the mountain base directly on the waterfront. (See details on boat rentals and taxi rides right from the lodge)
5. Hiking/Snowshoeing on Eagle Point Private Trails – Enjoy over 40 acres of trails that go through the wilderness and along the lake. We have a marked and mapped out trail system so you can enjoy hiking during the summer and fall and some of the best snowshoeing available during the winter! Enjoy “stopping” areas with benches along the lake and long easy to navigate trails that cut through the deep woods and wilderness of the backland. See wildlife, animal tracks, different tree and plant species and scenic views while escaping into Maine’s famous North Woods. (See full map of trail system)
6. Fishing – Eagle Point Lodge puts you directly on some of the best Brook Trout, Salmon and Lake Trout fishing in the state of Maine year round! Whether the kids want to cast from shore and catch their first beautiful native Maine Brook Trout, you want to fish the lake by boat for a trophy Salmon/Togue/Brook Trout or you want to take a short trip to fly fish the many streams/rivers/ponds available Eagle Point Lodge has great fishing for all levels and ages. Matter of fact…fishing is our passion and we have years of experience providing fully guided fishing trips on the Lake and many fly-fishing trout ponds throughout the area. We specialize in targeting large Native Brook Trout all year round. Ice fishing shacks are available for our rental customers. We have multiple shacks out every winter and they are all strategically placed in private and productive fishing areas. (See details about our guided fishing/ice fishing trips/services)
7. Lake Life - Relax, cookout, read a book and take in the scenic views of the lake and mountains with family and friends. Spend the day right at camp and out by the dock enjoying everything this beautiful private getaway has to offer.
8. Dock/Beach/fire pit – Enjoy a private dock and pebble beach right in front of our private camp rentals. Swim at the dock and on the pebble beach in the crystal clear, refreshing water. Watch kids play wading and jumping in the water while enjoying the dock and deck space right on the lake in front of camp. Fire pits and picnic table right down by the water and near the docks for nighttime camp fires, roasted marsh mellows and camp fire stories. Stay warm with a cozy camp fire while starring at the stars that will look like they are on top of you in the clear skies of the North Maine Woods!
9. Snowmobile and 4-wheel – Ride for days with trail systems close by that are the best in the region. During the winter you can take a short ride on the lake or take a side trail and connect to main trails for optimal riding. Ride up to historic Pittston Farm and get food and a drink and connect to miles more of superior trail riding. During the summer enjoy some of our private 4 wheel/side by side trails and connect to the main trail system for hundreds of miles of trail views and cruising. The perfect base camp for the riding enthusiasts!
10. Moose Cruise/Wildlife Exploration – The North Maine Woods is one of the only areas where the extremely large and iconic Moose can be frequently seen. One of the best parts about being up at Eagle Point Lodge is hopping in the vehicle and cruising the miles of low traveled logging roads looking for Moose. Until you have seen one of these beautiful creatures up close you will not understand their size and presence. Often you will see cows with there young running around and being playful. Other times you will see huge Bull Moose with massive antlers slowly thrashing there way down the road and into the woods. We encourage all that stay with us spending some time just cruising the roads looking for moose. Many are seen on the ride in and out of Eagle Point Lodge making the ride just as thrilling as the stay sometimes. Do not hesitate to ask us where to cruise for your best chance to see one of these massive famous Maine animals! Also frequently see Deer, Lynx, Bear Cubs, Bald Eagles, Loons and much more wildlife simply hanging at camp or cruising the endless dirt roads of the Northern Maine Woods.
You will not find another full camp/house rental this far up the lake and private with all of today’s modern amenities. Come join us for the perfect private getaway with family and/or friends!