HomeAway uses cookies to improve your site experience. Learn more. By continuing, you consent to our use of cookies.
HomeAway uses cookies to improve your site experience. Learn more. By continuing, you consent to our use of cookies.
check navigate-up navigate-left navigate-right expand mail svg-lightning svg-24hr svg-house svg-sleeps svg-bedrooms svg-bathrooms svg-stay svg-toilet calendar svg-report-flag

House at Lakeside near Beaches and Marina

People6
Bedrooms 2
Bathrooms2
Separate WC's1
Property type chalet
Minimum Stay 2 nights

Overview


Details
Property
chalet
People
6
Bedrooms
2
Bathrooms
2
Minimum Stay
2 nights

Description

Photos and Description of this 2 bedroom holiday chalet in Hourtin - 48 Rue de Vieux Greement

A two bedroomed house with mezzanine and a spacious kitchen and living area.

Right on the edge of the largest lake in France. This eco-built modern timber constructed house (2006) is fully detached and is in a great location with wonderful views to the front. It is quiet and tranquil but is still just meters away from beaches, restaurants and activities! Sleeping up to 7 people, the accommodation has two bedrooms, two bathrooms and an en suite shower room. The mezzanine can act as a third bedroom with a double sofa bed, and contains a balcony with a fantastic view of the surrounding lake! Downstairs has a spacious living area and fully fitted kitchen. The living room contains a corner sofa and an extend-able dining table and six chairs. A large decking is situated at the front of the house and contains a table that seats up to ten people, a charcoal barbecue, a parasol and two sunbeds. There is a smaller decking at the back of the house which overlooks a small private lake.

Activities are plentiful with a dedicated Watersports Centre specializing in activities such as wind surfing, sailing and kayak among others (English speaking). It is situated right on the lake beach at the port only 10mins walk away.

There is a skate park near the Port also and the whole area is covered in cycle paths...the preferred choice of transportation round these parts!

The Port area also has restaurants and bars and frequent night-time entertainment.

More Details
Suitability:
  • children welcome
  • non smoking only
  • pets not allowed
  • suitable for elderly or infirm
  • wheelchair inaccessible

Owner
Nathan Sollis
Member since: 2012
Speaks English, French
Response time:
Within a few days
Response rate:
70%
Calendar last updated:
3 May, 2016
Call Owner

Reviews

House at Lakeside near Beaches and Marina
average rating of 5.0 based on 1 reviews
5

Blanchard Family

  • 5 of 5

Great location with plenty to do. The harbour and beach at Hourtin within easy reach on bikes provided. Great places for cycling, fishing, swimming in the beach lake and boating. Lovely secluded beaches close by and Souac Sur Mer well worth a visit. Holiday home was very welcoming. It was well equipped and spacious, it had everything we needed and was very comfy with great scenery. Hope to be back in the near future.

  • Review Submitted: Dec 6, 2012
  • Date of Stay: Jul 2012
  • Source: HomeAway
Did you find this review helpful?
1 1

Location

Nearest Airport
60 Kilometres
Bordeaux
Nearest Barpub
400 Metres
Hourtin port
Nearest Train
65 Kilometres
Bordeaux
Nearest Restaurant
400 Metres
Hourtin Port
Nearest Beach
300 Metres
Hourtin lake beach
Car: recommended

Set in a most natural environment surrounded by nature but yet so close to all amenities, beaches, restaurants and activities. A beautiful, modern two story wooden house situated directly on the lake front and with a private lake to the rear. It is a short 10 min. stroll to the local blue flag lake beach, with its sailing, kite surfing and wind surfing schools. The lake beach is very popular with families with small children because of its relative safety for swimming. The adjoining marina boasts several restaurants and bars with frequent night-time entertainment. Directly across from the house is an island dedicated to children, 'île aux Enfants' with its playground, climbing frame and wooden fort.

Within 15 mins drive is the beautiful sea beach, Hourtin Plage. This beach can also be reached by bicycle via a 15km cycle path directly from the house (bikes provided).In short, this house is both an ideal base to discover this unspoilt area of France and a place to get away from it all. Bordeaux only an hour away, is the perfect day trip, and of course the area boasts some of the finest vineyards in the world!

The accommodation sleeps 6 to 8 people, and the best room in the house is the decking area to the front which has seating for 8 people, a BBQ and 2 sun loungers, sun parasol and the best view in town overlooking the lake and island!

Prices & Availability

Prices for this holiday chalet in Hourtin, Medoc area

Rental Basis:
per property
Owner accepts payment in:
EUR
Convert Currency
Rental Period Minimum Price Additional Nights Weekend Night Weekly Monthly Event Price
 
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
£167
for 2 nights
From
£84
£460
 

Additional pricing information

Fees No additional mandatory fees
Refundable Damage Deposit £419

The Euro is the preferred currency rates 25% Non-refundable deposit payable on booking. The remaining 75% payable 7 weeks prior to rental date along with €200 security deposit which will be refunded within one week after departure date.
Bed linen, towels included in Price. Beach towels not provided.
Cleaning charge not included, House to be left clean and will not incur cleaning charges.

Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment. please contact owner for details. 25% non-refundable deposit payable on booking and the remaining 75% payable 7 weeks before rental period. €500 (damage/loss) deposit refunded one week after departure.

Owner's Cancellation Policy

Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Enter dates for accurate pricing
Available arrival
Available
Unavailable
Calendar not updated in over 2 months and may not be available. Look for rentals with Request to Book or updated calendars.

Facilities

Accommodation and facilities for this holiday chalet in Hourtin in Gironde

Property Type:
  • chalet (detached)
Meals:
  • Self-catering
Floor Area:
  • 66 m²
Location Type:
  • beach
  • waterfront
Theme:
  • Family
  • Sports & Activities
General:
  • Activities Guide
  • Hair Dryer
  • Heating
  • Iron & Board
  • Linens Provided
  • Local Maps
  • Local Restaurant Guide
  • Parking Off Street
  • Sofa Bed
  • Towels Provided
  • Washing Machine
Kitchen:
  • 4 Ring Stove
  • Cooking Utensils
  • Dishwasher
  • Freezer
  • Grill
  • Microwave
  • Oven
  • Refrigerator
  • Toaster
Dining:
  • Dining Area
  • seating for 8 people
Bathrooms:
  • 2 Bathrooms
  • 1 Separate WC
  • Bathroom 1 - Toilet , Shower Enclosure
    Bathroom 2 - Shower Enclosure
    Bathroom 3 - Toilet
Bedrooms:
  • 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
  • Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed , ensuite
    Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed , 2 additional pull out beds
    Bedroom 3 - 1 Sofa bed/Futon , mezzanine area
  • The upstairs bedroom contains 2 single beds with two pull out single beds. The mezzanine has a double sofa bed. The ground floor bedroom has a double bed with en suite.
Entertainment:
  • DVD Player
  • Games for Kids
  • Satellite / Cable
  • Television
Outside:
  • Balcony
  • Bicycles
  • Garden
  • Barbecue
  • Walkway to Water
  • Wood Decking
  • 8 garden chairs
  • 4 deck chairs
Suitability:
  • children welcome
  • non smoking only
  • pets not allowed
  • suitable for elderly or infirm
  • wheelchair inaccessible
Attractions:
  • cinemas
  • forests
  • marina
  • naturist beach
  • playground
  • recreation centre
  • restaurants
  • winery tours
Leisure Activities:
  • bird watching
  • eco tourism
  • horse riding
  • paddle boating
  • scenic drives
  • sight seeing
  • walking
Local Services & Businesses:
  • ATM/bank
  • groceries
  • medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities:
  • cycling
  • equestrian events
  • fishing
  • freshwater fishing
  • hiking
  • roller blading
  • sailing
  • surfing
  • swimming
  • tennis
  • wind-surfing
Notes:
3 Adult bikes, 2 children's bike, 1 very small bike

Partner Offers

 
Portable wifi hotspot

You might like these similar properties