Located in a two-story residence in a quiet neighborhood of the old town of Conil de la Frontera less than 5 min walk from the beach and at a stone's throw from numerous tapas bars, restaurants and boutiques, La Dorada apartment with its large sunny roof terrace offering splendid views makes a great holiday base.
The apartment features private terrace, high-speed internet, one double and one twin bedroom (with new memory foam bed mattresses) with enough closet space to fit all of your holiday gear. The spacious living room with a LED TV, two comfy sofas , seating at the bar or dining table, kitchen fully equipped with everything from a corkscrew to a microwave will ensure that you have a great time.
There is plenty to do in Conil and its surroundings. Depending on your tastes and preferences, you may choose to spend your time sunbathing on the stunningly beautiful beaches, on the surf board or on a driving range. History and nature lovers can look forward to admiring the beauty of local landscapes and towns and true gluttons will have the opportunity to savor a glass of sherry from the famous Sherry Triangle.
The below is just a selection of places definitely worthwhile visiting:
• Cape Trafalgar - dominated by its large lighthouse is the scene of one of the most famous naval battles, in which British Royal Navy defeated Napoleon’s Spanish and French fleet
• Tarifa – wind capital of Europe from which you can set out on a whale watching tour or a day trip to Morocco (high-speed ferry will take you to Tangiers from Tarifa in 35 minutes)
• Jerez – capital of sherry, horsemanship and flamenco shows also famous for its motorcycle Grand Prix (Our tip: visit one of the spectacular shows organized by renowned Royal Andalucian School of Equestrian Art, go to one of the sherry bodegas (from mighty Gonzales Byass to Harveys producing its sweet Bristol Cream)
• Cadiz – take a stroll through the oldest inhabited city in Europe and capital of the province
• Sanlucar de Barrameda – one of the sherry triangle cities and a gateway to the impressive Coto de Donana national park, famous for its long equestrian tradition (Our tip: Don’t miss out on the spectacular horse races on the beach which traditionally take place on the 2nd and 4th weekend of August.)
• El Puerto de Santa Maria – home to the third largest bullring in Spain and a huge Aquapark (open between June and September)
• Vejer de la Frontera – white hilltop village with Moorish look offering breathtaking views, which is certainly worth a visit.
• Bolonia – this magnificent beach offering clear views to Moroccan coast as well as the Roman ruins Baelo Claudia are regarded as one of the best kept secrets of the region