COTTAGE in Peneda Geres National Park Sistelo (winner of the 7 wonders of Portugal Rural Villages contest) FULLY EQUIPPED TERRACE BARBECUE INTERNET air conditioning SALAMANDER, STUNNING VIEWS.
Vez River Ecotrail photo and videos: from photo number 41 of 130
A very interesting and very beautiful place, you can visit, is Poço das Caldeiras –a nature pool, which is 8 km away from Sistelo.
Video Poço das Caldeiras this site: https://goo.gl/nlyadV (GPS coordinates: 41°56'28.6"N 8°25'38.4"W) - please see photos nº116 to 122
activities companies contacts (walking, hiking trails, jeep tours, 4x4, cycling, biking, paintball, cultural tours, canoeing, among others)
Come now and contact with the green nature, with the countryside / agriculture, peace / tranquility, escape from their daily routines. Discover new places, cultures and traditions, and authentic / genuine contact with the local population.
Video about our rural tourism cottage: http://goo.gl/qpC76O
MORE PICTURES about our rural cottage: http://countryvillage.wix.com/northportugal#!Overview/mainPage
These comfortable cottage recently rebuilt maintaining the original architecture, is located in the North of Portugal (Minho), on the left bank of the River Vez, one of the sides of the Peneda Geres National Park.
GRANDMA´S HOUSE has:
- 1 large bedroom with 1 double bed, 1 sofa with two single beds and one private bathroom.
- On the same floor has 1 more bathroom. Large dining/sitting room with 1 double sofa bed;
- The KITCHEN is fully equipped with stove, toaster, coffee machine, oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge / freezer.
- This house has CABLE TV, hi-fi system, DVD player, home cinema system with full surround sound, internet, air conditioning.
Outside Grandma's house has a TERRACE with BARBECUE, dining area and stunning views of the river Vez, the valley and the mountains.
- Bed linen and towels included.
The village of Sistelo has several HISTORICAL ATTRACTIONS to visit, of which we highlight:
- FOOTPATHS that lead to secular Brandas of Sistelo, ideal for lovers of the contact with nature and the mountain;
- CASTLE SISTELO (civil architecture residential, eclectic), Fountain (infrastructural architecture, nineteenth century); Parish Church (religious architecture, and nineteenth-century vernacular), bridges (transport and communications architecture, eighteenth century).
- Sistelo is also famous for its 'SOCALCOS', which arose from the need to increase the agricultural area and counteract the slopes. These structures allowed the development of subsistence agriculture is extremely important for the survival of rural communities. You can see the 'Granaries', built in the seventeenth century, in order to dry the corn.