"Between Madrid and the sky, Santa María de la Alameda". The highest and most charming village in the Community of Madrid. Come and meet us!
PEÑA DEL ÁGUILA Rural House-Restaurant offers a different way of life; It is located in the highest town of the Community of Madrid with all that that entails, located between Mount Abantos and Avila, above San Lorenzo del Escorial just 55 minutes from Madrid, 15 from San Lorenzo del Escorial and 5 of Peguerinos. The truth, has room for everything, since it is a corrale of 10 independent houses with rooms, kitchens, living rooms and bathrooms, a cozy cafeteria and a restaurant where you can enjoy an excellent gastronomy based on traditional food. It also has a large interior patio.
The environment is wonderful, the views take another sense ... you see the nearby towns from above, you see Madrid in the distance (distinguishing the four towers), the nature is great to be from another altitude to which we are accustomed !! We also have 16 different types of activities planned, 11 of them organized directly by us, such as mycological days in autumn, walks under the stars in summer with an expert in the cosmos, routes of different difficulty in winter with snowshoes to walk in the snow, adventure sports such as bungee jumping, paintball or buggies, hiking trails, horseback or bicycle ... also reading poetry, musicians meeting, painting and photography exhibitions or weekends for grandparents and grandchildren "the lives of our elders " In short, our proposal is that we plan all of what you would like to do in a place without comparison. Our specialty customers !!!
Total capacity of 63 people:
- La Cereda I: from 2 to 6 people.
- La Cereda II: from 2 to 7 people.
- La Cereda III: from 2 to 7 people.
- La Cereda IV: from 2 to 7 people.
- La Cereda V: from 2 to 7 people.
- La Cereda VI: from 2 to 6 people.
- Las Heras I: from 4 to 8 people.
- Las Heras II: from 4 to 8 people.
- Suite El Hornillo: from 2 to 6 people.
The 9 rural houses that extend to the right and left of a large central courtyard open to the sky. The 6 casitas "La Cereda" are of one room, which are distributed on two floors. On the ground floor extraordinary kitchen, bathroom, large living room and in the upper part a double room and wardrobe for clothes. The 2 houses "Las Heras" on the ground floor are the same, passing on the upper floor to have two double rooms. In the front part of the open inner courtyard is the magnificent "El Hornillo" suite, with a single floor, a large bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom. One of the houses is adapted for the disabled. There are cots available.
Places of interest: The municipality of Santa María de la Alameda is composed of eight urban centers: La Paradilla, Las Herreras, La Cereda, La Hoya, Navalespino, La Estación, Robledondo and Santa María de la Alameda itself. It has depopulated areas such as La Lastra and El Alaminejo, from where one believes the past existence of an Arab defensive tower.
- Depopulated town of La Lastra: you can still see the bell tower of the old church and the stone walls of one of its houses.
- La Cereda: presents the ruins of what was once a town, and the reconstruction of some of them. The best thing about this place is the fountain that bears his name, which flows the best water of this mountain range.
- "Peña del Águila" lookout point: Peña where, from time immemorial, the eagles prostrate themselves as a watchtower to dominate their hunting territory with their eyes.
- The chorrera del hornillo: Nestled inside a valley full of wild pines and many other trees, and through which pass the crystal clear waters of the stream that bears his name.
- El Pinar de Peguerinos: It is one of the largest extensions of wild pine in Spain, and hosts many charming corners.