Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
The town house is situated on a quiet street in the heart of the old town. The street is just off the art street of Grisia and is one of the main streets leading up to the church, St. Euphemia. Only 50 meters to the town beach and 25 meters to shops, winebars and restaurants.
The town house is stretching four floors, with the top floor divided into a room and a terrace with a view all over the city and sea. The town house is approximately 75 m2 and is a restored century old building where there has been placed great emphasis in the choice of material and quality of craftmanship.
The terrace is the perfect spot for enjoying your morning coffee or for late night drink - overlooking the most romantic views over the old Rovinj roofs, harbour and sea.
We are Louise and Peter from Denmark. We first visited Rovinj in 2010 when on holiday with our two boys.
We totally fell in love in Rovinj when first visiting. It has everything that we love. The beautiful blue clear sea, amazing dining, the cozy small cobbled streets. We simply love it!
Peter and Louise Juhl purchased this apartment in 2010
We had an absolutely lovely stay here. The property management folks were very helpful with not only the property, but also helping us arrange for things to do while in beautiful Roving. You can definitely trust their advice. Here are some things that might be helpful for you to know if you rent this lovely property:
* The posting is correct about the very steep stairs. The steep stairs are not just leading to the rooftop terrace (which is lovely!). There are two very narrow and steep flights of stairs leading up to the landing of this apartment, and then once in, there are narrow steps leading to the upper floor. We were fine with it, but it was a little tough bringing the bags up the narrow stairways. We tried not to mark up the walls with our bags, but still did a bit - fortunately, the marks wiped right off with a damp cloth.
* The bathroom upstairs had a strong sewer odor. When we asked about it, they said that it is typical in an area of this age and nothing could really be done about it. The kids didn't want to use it (they were sleeping upstairs) so we just closed it off so as not to stink up the apartment, and it was like having only one bathroom.
* The kitchen is great for making coffee, tea, or a light meal. This is not a cook's kitchen. The refrigerator kept coming open (we had to wedge something under the door), as we would come back from being out for a few hours and the door was standing open and our food was warm. There were two small stove burners, but we couldn't fit two things on at the same time. The knives were very dull. The cappuccino machine was great. No oven. It was great having a dishwasher - although it must be turned off when finished or it will beep repeatedly - took us a while to figure out where the noise was coming from!
* having air conditioning on all the floors was fantastic - priceless really!
* We didn't realize the bathroom water heaters were powered by a switch on the wall near the light switch. I accidentally turned them off and couldn't understand why we didn't have hot water. Ooops. :)
*We wish there had been curtains in the master bedroom to let light in but shield from outside view. I had a pashmina with me and put that up over the window.
* It was wonderful having a washer. We washed clothes then hung them on the terrace - dried very quickly!
* The agency folks were lovely. They arranged a fishing trip for us and told us about Maistra Island for a day trip.
This is a percect location for a family with young kids. You fell like being part of
the local community. The house / flat is very nice, clean, everything is as described.
We had a wonderful week, seeing the beauty of Rovinj, tasted the food and wine.
Morning swim at the ocean, kayaking, mountain bike, sailing. A lot to do and see.
Very frindly people. We will back for more.
Thanks for giving us the best of the best! The apartment is unique with a very nice and modern look and the spectacular view from the balcony. The city is amazing - with loads of nice cafes and amazing restaurants. We want to come back! We are not at all done with Rovinj. Thansk to Peter and Louise for this memorable vacation. Very best, The Theil family
This house has the greatest atmosphere and is perfectly located in the charming heart of Rovinj with many restaurants and bars just around the corner. From the roof top terrasse on the top floor there is a magnificent view of the city and the sea. The house is well equipped with all you need for a cosy and smooth stay in Rovinj. Dishwasher and washing machine made our stay very convenient and relaxing. Definitely a house we will revisit and it deserves the very best of recommendations.
3 times in this gorgeous apartment and we still want more! The layout of the apartment is great with a beautiful kitchen, spacious rooms and endless amounts of charm. The roof terrace is just to die for, you can spend your whole day up there overlooking the town and the sea. Placed in the old town, you have an abundance of restaurants and every corner you turn reveals a new little gem. Rovinj just gets better and better for every visit and there is something for everyone; the suave hotel bars, the local family restaurants and delicious Italian gelato. I cannot recommend this place enough, and I am definitely back same time next year!
Great owners - easy to deal with and vey helpful, as was the local agent. Conveniently located near to everything in the centre that you might need. Clean and very well fitted out - a beautiful house. Was no problem for us (a couple in our early 40s) but there are a few steep staircases to the property. Would recommend to others.
Rovinj is a romantic Venetian town surrounded by the blue clear Adriatic Sea. The old city was once an island which was connected with the mainland in1763 and turned into a peninsula, as it is today.
The city has always attracted artists and Grisia street is a show case of many artists. There are many galleries along the street that stretches almost from the main square up to the Venetian-baroque style church, St. Euphemia, which was built in the eighteenth century.
Rovinj is surrounded by the sea. The water is crystal clear with a deep blue nuance that makes it a main attraction for tourists enjoying sailing, swimming or scuba diving. The city has one beach on the southern part of the Old Town called Monte which is mostly used by locals. Here are ample swimming and snorkeling opportunities and people are sunbathing or resting on the rocks that surround the beach.
Rovinj is renowned for its excellent food. All over old town there are restaurants scattered in the romantic setting of the town. Along the harbor and the main square the restaurants are lying side by side and this is the only busy area, notably in the evening when people are out to promenade along the harbor. Rovinj is one of the few Istian harbors that still have fishing boats that come every morning with a fresh catch of fish and this can be seen in the restaurants since they all offer wonderful fish dishes made from local fish. Limska Fjord, just north of Rovinj is a producer of oysters and many dishes offers various kinds of crayfish, mussels and oysters.
The city is car free and feels intimate as you wander around the beautiful old buildings and scenic cobbled stone streets.
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Tax, VAT, cleaning, bed linen, towel, wifi, electricity, etc. is included in the rental price. There are not extra costs