El Dalmau is a large, completely restored farmhouse, surrounded by forest with a wide variety of trees, some of which are hundreds of years old. In front of the house is a natural spring, the water of which runs into a large lake.Although records of the farmhouse date back to 1213, it conserves some vestiges of earlier periods, specifically the remains of walls with opus spicatum or herringbone stonework.
It is attached to a very well preserved seventeenth-century church that is still active. A few yards from the farmhouse there are two tile kilns that are very well conserved. It is thought that these kilns were built to make the bricks to build the house.
The estate is used for agricultural, livestock and forestry purposes.La Pallissa (the Hay Barn) is a separate building from the farmhouse. Utmost respect for all the period details and items has been paid in its conversion into welcoming, two-storey accommodation:
- The main entrance, which has a courtyard with a barbecue and tables, is on the ground floor. Inside the building there is a dining room and a lounge with two sofas, chimney and television. The kitchen is in the same area and is equipped with a ceramic hob, fridge, oven and dishwasher. A common area leads to a bathroom with a shower, a bedroom with twin beds, a washing area with sink, washing machine and dryer, and a games room with a table tennis table and board games.
- The first floor is reached by a stairway from the dining room or by an entrance on the first floor. The first floor has a fully-equipped bathroom with shower, a double room, a single room and another double room with fully-equipped ensuite bathroom. This room also has an exit.