Valley View Lodge is secluded and uniquely-situated on the award-winning Kelling Heath Holiday Park, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, yet is about five minutes' walk away from all the entertainment and facilities you could possibly need if the beauty of the woodland, heathland and wildlife around you is just not enough! (Deer, woodpeckers and squirrels are frequent visitors, to name just a few!)
The lodge looks beautifully rustic on the outside but this betrays a contemporary, open-plan, luxurious interior that has wonderful features, fittings and facilities throughout.
Designed and fitted out to be as eco-friendly and sustainable as possible, Valley View Lodge has the following to make your stay as relaxing, enjoyable and comfortable as possible:
* central heating
* double glazing
* fitted kitchen with integrated appliances including dishwasher,
washer/dryer and wine cooler
* large fridge/freezer
* gas hob and fan oven, with extractor over
* new electrical appliances, including microwave, kettle
* breakfast bar
* dining area with table/chairs and amazing views over the valley
as you eat
* lounge area with two sofas (one a comfortable double sofa bed to enable up to 6 guests to stay at the lodge), coffee table and occasional tables, back-lit TV with built-in DVD player and feature wall-mounted, back-lit fire
* king size master bedroom with en-suite wet room and large
* twin bedroom with fitted wardrobes
* family bathroom with bath & shower over
* entrance hall/household storage cupboard
* wide range of wooden games to suit all ages
* selection of books about Norfolk/wildlife & birds
* telescope (Kelling Heath has 'Dark Sky'
designation and is brilliant for star-gazing/sometimes has
organised activities with visiting astronomers!)
* south and west-facing decks, (anti-slip strips fitted in key
areas) accessed from double patio doors
* welcome hamper full of delicious, goodies, many locally produced
* complimentary toiletries
* complimentary tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc.
* outdoor furniture and tables
* eco-friendly hairdryers in each bedroom
* lodge umbrellas/torches to borrow whenever needed
* ironing board, iron and airer
Valley View Lodge is situated 1.3 miles from the stunning North Norfolk coast at Weybourne and about 2 miles west of the beautiful seaside town of Sheringham. If you decide to visit Sheringham, a short walk to the edge of the 300-acre park will lead to the Poppy Line station platform where you can ride on a steam train into Sheringham and, on your way back, visit the quaint town of Holt, where shopping in the array of independent stores is a real treat.
If you stay on the park there are cycling and walking trails aplenty, including a trim track. (Cycle hire is available on-site). For the active there are tennis courts, outdoor table tennis tables and petanque as well as a brilliant leisure centre comprising indoor and outdoor pools, well-equipped gym, relaxing spa pool, steam room and sauna. (2 for 1 Leisure Centre passes are available to all Valley View Lodge guests, making one day's use of these facilities less than £2.50 per person if you buy a week's pass!)
For guests with children there are many organised activities on the park, with these often related to the beautiful outdoor environment and its wonderful wildlife, and include pond-dipping, wildlife walks, nature crafts, outdoor archery/football, etc. There are also adventure playgrounds catering for different ages.
If a break from cooking is the order of the day there is plenty of great food to choose from down on the Village Square. The Forge & Terrace offer a choice of dining options across each year. The Forge provides a homely pub atmosphere and great locally-sourced menu choices; The Terrace is home of the Kelling Heath Carvery and also many themed food nights over the course of the year. In addition, Pizza on the Square offers a variety of tasty pasta and pizza dishes, whilst also offering a takeaway service if you prefer to eat at the lodge. Wherever you choose to eat, the staff are so friendly and helpful. We cannot speak highly enough of them!
Entertainment at the park includes open air live music, plus other traditional entertainments, at The Folly (on The Square) during the summer, moving inside to The Forge and The Terrace during the cooler months in spring and autumn. Some entertainments are specifically for children. (Further information can be found on the Kelling Heath Holiday Park official website:
For shopping needs on-site the Village Store is well-stocked and features a section of locally-sourced products, called 'Naturally Norfolk', to support the local economy and reduce food miles.
The lodge itself is a wonderful place to soak up the beauty and peace of the surrounding nature. If you sit quietly on the deck overlooking the valley to the south, muntjac deer will often come into the gardens to eat, or to drink from the bird bath, while you will feel like you are relaxing in the tree-tops, since many of the surrounding trees have their roots well down in the valley below. From within the lodge the views are no-less appealing as many floor-to-ceiling windows help to bring the scenery inside and maximise the wonderful, changing light across the day and through the seasons.