HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
- Views are spectacular (mountain village with beautiful scenic view on the lake Eiger/Jungfrau/others) ; everyday different (clouds, sundown, etc)!
- Location is excellent (20-30min from Interlaken by bus, at the end of a dead road (privacy), fresh air, hardly any cars/noise, by stairs you can reach the busstop easily-10min walk- and supermarket 15min walk (everymorning fresh bread; reasonably equipped; prices according to Swiss standard OK)
- Chalet is more than well equipped (kitchenware: big fridge, freezer, big coffeemachine-beans, microwave, oven, dishwasher, water cooker, pans, ...), 'working corner' with desk chair & labtop, wifi, ipad/usb speakers, fondue, 'small touristoffice corner' with maps+places to visit reckoning with all kinds of weather conditions, washingmachine+dryer, tv's in every room with a lot of channels (kids/adults)+dvd's, games (board/children), yacuzzi, confortable lounge set, 2 sunbeds, fireplace.
- Transportation by bus is free (within ~20-30min range)
- The host is very kind & friendly.
The property is on the edge of Interlaken but only about 20 minutes pleasant walk over the bridge and along the path beside the river which leads to both the boat station and the railway. It is quite delightful to be able to sit out in the garden and watch the boats and breathin the views. The apartment is ideal for a couple and at a pinch upto to children. There is adequate facilities for cooking and barbequing with a large coop and a small late opening coop store at the railway station. Switzerland is not the cheapest place but the travel passes do make for huge savings and are well worth the money.
We found the apartment both compact and very pleasant with the use of free bicycles stored below the main area. This is an ideal place to stay for a holiday that can lead to many visits to other destinations, both far and near.
We had a fantastic time and would recommend this as a great place to stay.