HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
- Views are spectacular (mountain village with beautiful scenic view on the lake Eiger/Jungfrau/others) ; everyday different (clouds, sundown, etc)!
- Location is excellent (20-30min from Interlaken by bus, at the end of a dead road (privacy), fresh air, hardly any cars/noise, by stairs you can reach the busstop easily-10min walk- and supermarket 15min walk (everymorning fresh bread; reasonably equipped; prices according to Swiss standard OK)
- Chalet is more than well equipped (kitchenware: big fridge, freezer, big coffeemachine-beans, microwave, oven, dishwasher, water cooker, pans, ...), 'working corner' with desk chair & labtop, wifi, ipad/usb speakers, fondue, 'small touristoffice corner' with maps+places to visit reckoning with all kinds of weather conditions, washingmachine+dryer, tv's in every room with a lot of channels (kids/adults)+dvd's, games (board/children), yacuzzi, confortable lounge set, 2 sunbeds, fireplace.
- Transportation by bus is free (within ~20-30min range)
- The host is very kind & friendly.
The apartment was easy to find and very clean, it had everything we needed for our stay in Waldegg Beatenberg. The underground garage to store the car was a bonus.
The bed was big and comfortable, TV and Wifi easy to use. lovely veranda looking out over the fields and the hills. It was an ideal base to explore the surrounding lakes and mountains by car, however if we didn't feel like driving we really enjoyed the walks from the apartment and the free bus along Beatenberg and down into Interlaken. We took the cable car up to the Niederhorn and walked back to our apartment. We enjoyed stopping at the cafe's and for a beer and something to eat at Chilche Pintli, Hotel Regina,and especially the set menu in Hotel Beausite which had the best view of the Eiger the Monch and the Jungfrau. The grocery store and the Tourist information in Beatenberg were also very helpful.