HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
A beautiful huge villa with a private pool, breath-taking valley, mountain and sunset views, evening sun, walking distance to shops and restaurants and several beautiful cove beaches.
A few little things that could be done to make it a 5:
* Wifi. It's assumed nowadays so lack of it came as a surprise
* Kettle. We had to boil water on the stove to make a cup of tea
* Water temperature. Not hot enough if you like a hot bath
* Jacuzzi bath doesn't work
* Insufficient sunbeds and covers (5 sunbeds, one of them broken, only 2 matching cushions)
* Dated furnishings. This villa deserves more than a £9.99 lamp from Ikea
* TV. No English language channels. Not that we needed them but some might.
* BBQ. A bit small if you have a large party and no tools
* Sporadic but persistent mild smell of sewage during our stay.
* Beds. We would have expected the Master bedroom to have a better one.
* Bathroom. Very little surface area around the basin in the master ensuite
A car isn't essential but if you are staying for a week or more you might want to see the north coast of the island and visit the Caves of Drach which is a must.
On balance, very happy with our week and these are only minor flaws mentioned.
We booked quite late after we were let down by another villa owner - and couldn't have found a better place. The villa was very stylish, most comfortable and well equipped with nice goodies (including excellent coffee) waiting for us. Plenty of condiments were in the kitchen which made cooking very easy.
The positioning of the villa means that sun is available for most of the day at different parts of the property - with a lovely verandah to finish the evening off. The pool makes for very private swimming, which is great.
Hubert, the owner, could not have been more helpful - lots of good advice on where to go and shop - and always answered texts/emails immediately.