HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Quinta das Acacias is a wonderful garden setting 5 minutes drive from Ponta Delgada. It is conveniently located close to the main motorway yet you can't hear the traffic noise in the garden. Apartment number 4 was very well equipped and is spacious. The bed is comfy the bathroom is clean and functional (though the shower could have benefited from a thermostatic valve as the temperature was not constant). The veranda and patio benefit from the evening sun with a view over the bay at Ponta Delgada.
Bonita was a very nice host and described everything very well.
We had a very pleasant stay.
We’ve had a fantastic family time at Josies - thank you for letting us enjoy your place for the last 2 weeks.
As a family of 5 with children aged 8, 5 and 5 months we found the house very well equipped and the photos and descriptions very true to life. Any questions we had during our stay were quickly answered and Eduarda was helpful and the arrival dinner a great touch. The house was really well located to discover all of the island with everything we wanted to see being no more than 45 minutes away.
As they say it is often the little things that make all the difference... here are some elements of josies that made a particular big difference to us as a young family:
- proper cot with a mattress and blanket (not a flimsy travel cot).
- Shutters on the windows so it was properly dark when the children went to bed.
- The beach at the end of your garden - with naturally formed pools making it one of the safest beaches for the children who loved snorkelling in the pools.
- The “hide out” over looking the beach. Meaning one adult could comfortable watch whilst staying “behind” with the baby. Lovely spot, great view, and cool breeze!
- That the house has a closed in courtyard. Kids had a great time following geckos and playing with water and we knew they were enclosed and safe.
- the top terrace had a lot of use, great for a lovely breakfast.
- The very kind help of Josie and Eduarda in organising a personalised home made cake to be delivered for my daughters birthday.
Thank you for everything.