HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Fiona and Richard are the friendliest most accommodating of hosts, the accommodation is 10 minute walk uphill from the stunning unspoilt town of Trevi which we immediately fell in love with, good choice of restaraunts all very nice with the old post office getting a special mention. Great location for visiting other towns by car or train such as Spoleto, Gubbio, Assisi, Monte Falco and Spello being amongst our favourites. The villa itself was spotlessly clean and had everything you could possibly need for a days chilling and comfortable night sleep. Finally a big thank you to Fiona and Richard for being so flexible after we needed to change our booking because of work commitments and in particular to Richard for getting up so early to give us a lift to the station. Thank you for a wonderful and very memorable holiday, hopefully see you soon!
We had a wonderful holiday with family in Poreta and relaxed instantly. September weather was great - hot days, cooler evenings, still warm enough for night-time dining outside.
What we loved most:
- Large, clean, single-depth pool (adult shoulder high) with awesome views across valley
- Sunny terrace outside kitchen where we chilled, watched sunset and ate most of our meals
- Lots of friendly local restaurants to suit every taste and budget. We ate well!
- Fresh pasta shop in the village; buy to cook for yourself
- Modern kitchen with good quality equipment and utensils
- Brilliant village wine shop with interesting local wines
- Walking - try the 11km route along Roman aqueduct from Spello to Collepino
- Easy drive to medieval towns like Assisi, Gubbio (cable car is a must!) and Montefalco
- Only 40 mins from Perugia airport so additional family could join us for the weekend
- Black and green figs and yellow plums delicious in the garden
- Good wi-fi connection
- Last and certainly not least - the amazing Bianca who manages the house. We were slightly worried about privacy when we booked but everything turned out exactly as described. The big house was vacated, leaving us completely alone. Bianca met us in the village and showed us up to the house; she later quickly organised a small carpentry repair when needed (our fault); she never ever intruded. She and Sylvia (the owner) ensured our stay was completely relaxing and were very sensitive to our wish to be helped 'from a distance'. Thank you!
Our only other comments would be:
- There are a number of steep steps/drops inside and out so we wouldn't recommend for little ones or anyone unsteady on their feet
- Four more kitchen mugs would be useful
- A few more coat hangers helpful (fighting for these!)
- An extra main door key would be handy for guests
Thank you for a fabulous stay!