HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This is such a special place. I, my husband and two teenage sons enjoyed a wonderful fortnight in this stunning and superior farmhouse. The photographs don't do the place justice (hard to see how they could) and the host, Alessandro, could not have done more to make our stay better. If you're looking to get off the beaten track, surrounded by nature, wildlife and perfect peace, this is the place for you.
From start to finish, Alessandro was great. He offered to meet us at the nearest village so we could follow him to the house (though his directions were superb) and his hospitality was absolutely second to none. He went above and beyond the 'norm', filling the fridge and cupboards with delicious (and practical) foods for our arrival, providing us with wine, oil, kitchen essentials and so much more. We were blown away by his thoughtful generosity - there's nothing he didn't think of (even bath robes for the pool) and everything we sat on, slept in or used was of excellent quality. He was a lovely, willing and helpful host in every way and I've never stayed anywhere so well equipped - the kitchen was better than my own!
This is not a place you'd find by accident, but wow, is it all the better for that. Surrounded by beautiful rolling hills, totally private, the views are breathtaking, the sunsets from the verandah magical. Every day kites and eagles flew overhead and we also saw deer, badgers and hares – just idyllic. The house sits in lovely sloping lawns with ancient trees, olives and fruit trees and has a wonderful pool that gets the sun right though to sunset. There's even a cool little pool robot to keep it clean!
Alessandro's eye for design and style shines through every room, neatly blended with practicality and home comfort. I would live in this house. It's a fantastic mix of old and new - fabulous beams and solid oak doors with super-comfortable beds and quality bathrooms and appliances. Everything he provided, from towels and bed linen to kitchen equipment - in fact, every facility you can think of - was faultless.
Some might find the few wind turbines on one of the hills distracting, we didn't (you can't see them from the verandah), and you're not really 'near' anywhere, but that's the magic of this place! We had no problem driving to Scansano for meals out or groceries (15 mins). We visited Pitigliano (40 mins), Saturnia hot springs (30), Sorana and Sovana etc. Also Siena (an easy 90-min drive) and San Gimignano (bit further). Paradise!
- 'We again had a fantastic time at Podere Santa Teresa. We will be back soon'.(Peter R. - Germany Aug.'06)
- 'We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Podere Santa Teresa and the Grosseto-Scansano region for anyone looking to experience a lovely part of Italy. I can't imagine meeting so many friendly people in a nicer setting than around your table'. (Robert Mc A.-Scotland July '06)
- ...'Wish we could have another restful week with lots of delicious dinners prepared by your capable hands.' (Giuliano P.-Italy Sept.'06)
- 'Very happy to stay with you and your guests, tasting real Italian cooking in a quiet and wonderful place. Would have liked to have stayed longer in this 'Part of the Garden of Eden'.' (Francine C.- France Sept.'06)
- 'Thank you again for our wonderful stay at Podere Santa Teresa. We enjoyed it so much. Looking forward to returning.' (Francesco N. -Milan Aug.'06)