HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We had a great holiday; the house is fully equipped to self-cater & enjoy the setting.The views from the house are beautiful and very relaxing & the pool was perfect for our children (9-13 yrs).
It takes approx 20 mins to walk into the centre of Asciano where you will find a Co-Op, a few restaurants & some bars.
A car is a must to explore the local area, we visited Siena, Arezzo, St. Gimignano & Montepulciano & although busy still enjoyable.
The beauty & appeal of this house is that you could stay there in all seasons, the house has a wood burner & I think it would be very cosy in the autumn/ winter months.
We would highly recommend this house and would love to stay here again in the future.
We were here for 10 days. As the other reviewers say, this is a lovely and well furnished villa in a beautiful setting. It also benefits from having a cheap but great restaurant (Il Bivacco) at the end of the access road - 2 minutes in the car or under 15 minutes walk.
But while I recommend this villa, it is worth noting the following in making your decision:
- although there is a pool (with a stunning view over Tuscan hills), it's about a 2 minute walk up an incline. Doesn't sound like much, but every time you want to get a book or a drink, or go to the toilet it's effectively a 5 minute round trip back to the villa;
- there is no air conditioning and, more surprisingly, no electric fans. So if you go in the middle of summer, there is no respite from the heat in the bedrooms at night;
- there is no wifi, despite the villa being advertised as having this. I have pointed out this mis-description to Nicoletta. But, at the time of writing this review, the villa is still advertised as having wifi (naughty);
- the mattresses are very firm. Of course, when it comes to mattresses everyone's preferences differ. But the firmness and lack of electric fans made it difficult to get a good night's sleep;
- you are charged per person, which I only discovered when we increased our party from 4 to 6 after the initial booking. This fact does appear on the property details but it is rather hidden away;
- there is only one set of keys for the house, the pool (yes, the pool requires a key!), and the chain barrier to the compound. If your party always does everything together, then this doesn't present a problem. But if different people want to do different things, then it becomes considerably more complex to manage the comings and goings.