HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Sorry, my english is bad. We loved it. We loved the view. We loved the wonderful sunsets. A good place to reach some beaches. Perhaps the ladies missed a socket in the bathroom or a better pan in the kitchen. The last days it was very windy and sometimes we had to save the outdoor equipment. We loved it. Thank you.
We enjoyed a week with the family in Villa Eleni. The property is well maintained and in a beautiful spot in an olive grove high above Egremni Beach. Nikos, who works in his family restaurant Greco Levante not far from the villa does a very good job in taking care for his guests. Elena who is your contact to manage the reservation is very forthcoming. Villa Eleni is an excellent getaway to enjoy a quiet vacation in a beautiful setting. Visitors should notice the following:
1. A car is mandatory. Though distances are short on the island of Lefkada, the winding roads are taking a lot of time to get to the larger villages. You shouldn't be worried about steep and slim streets and be prepared to use gravel roads to get to some places. A micro market is close in Appollonioi, all super markets, bakeries and shops are further away.
2. The beach of Egremnis is closed due to road damage by an earthquake a couple of years ago. It may reopen next year. Beach lovers have to plan a drive to Porto Katsiki (which is crowded) or Gialos Beach (which is a larger pepple beach) down the cliffs. You may enjoy the beautiful pool instead.
3. The wifi connection in the house, though DSL cable, is spotty. LTE with your cell phone works well. Sattelite TV with international channels didn't work while we were visiting (or we didn't put enough effort in making it work) Enjoy the outdoors instead.
4. The kitchen is well equipped, though you may miss some utensils.
5. The beds are nice, firm and good.
6. The patio and terasse is great and offers beautiful views with exceptional sunsets. Definitively the place to enjoy your vacation.
We really would like to come back in the future and can recommend villa Eleni (or the house above) to everyone seeking a retreat in a secluded part of the island.
Frank and Family