HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
+nice chalet and cosy
+they have fondue and raclette so it's a nice touch if you prefer to stay at home rather than going to restaurant
+ideal for big family or few couples
+close by the slopes so you can ski to the main area (gondola, ESF)
+ public parking very close by - make sure you bring something to clear the snow/ice as you could be stuck!
- check in : ok - it would have been nice to show us more details on how to use the oven as it can be a bit tricky to start it up. Don't forget to bring a cheque for the deposit! Didn't have one so needed to give my card details and writing that on a paper. I don't feel comfortable to leave my credit card details on paper!!
- the shower in the second level is way too small. I had a hard time to shower and no space to put shower gel and shampoo
- shower was blocked so needed to buy unblocker (they clean the chalet so they should have done something before)
- on the same bathroom (second floor) the light needed to be replaced. I sent a message to Marion (the person who is looking after the chalet for the landlord) and she told me she will call me to replace it. At the end of the day I sent another message to see when she will come and she just replied that she was sorry but she completely forgot about me and she wasn't in Vars anymore!! Seriously? I found it very unprofessional after telling me I could contact her anytime during the stay so she could help me if necessary. We had to shower with the torch from the iPhone.
- staircase outside : I would have thought they could clear the staircase outside but it doesn't seems like it so be careful when you go down it's very slippery.
- Check out: they say 10am so I expect Marion to pop over at 10am. No apparently you need to confirm with her before! Needed to catch a plane and tell her the day before if needed.
Overall very enjoyable stay in this chalet. The kids were really and we had a great time. Few things that was irritating but the chalet itself is good.
Owner is fabulous and friendly. The apartment has bunk beds in a separate area with a big wardrobe for clothes and shoes. The shower is hot and powerful and the toilet is separate which is good. The lounge has a comfy sofa bed with the kitchen attached - including a dishwasher with lots of plates and cutlery etc so no way of running out. There is a dining table for 6 and a separate double bed room. There is also a balcony facing the front of the property. As a family of 4 we had a wonderful holiday and would recommend this property - its great value for money and worked well for out ski trip to Vars. Short walk to the slopes and shops and a large ski locker easily held 3 sets of skis and boots and a snowboard. We only booked 2 weeks prior to going and it was so easy to book and the owner contacted us straight away to organise the details.