HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We are a family of 3 who stayed in hot August for 10 nights.
Top 10 elements (in no particular order):
1. The welcome. We arrived late (8pm ish) and Patrick and Jacqueline were lovely in their intro to the property. The honey, jam and figs were also lovely.
2. The house is gorgeous.
3. The hosts are friendly, kind, available if you want them to be and just lovely!
4. The lake is so peaceful. We seemed to spend hours looking at the view.
5. Nature: lots of fish (huge carp!), birds, ducks, a wandering-through deer; many varieties of tree.
6. The amenities in the house are exceptional, from an egg whisk to candles.
7. The outside verandah area is plenty big enough with 2 seating areas and sun loungers.
8. There are so many castles within a short drive!
9. We loved Orleans and Blois. Patrick told us about the P+R which was really easy to find and use to avoid parking prices in Orleans.
10. The peace. It is a serene place to stay. The occasional revving engine down the main road can be easily ignored.
Thank you Jacqueline and Patrick. We loved every aspect of our stay and would love to return next year sometime (and I wouldn't say that unless we really hoped it could happen!)
S, J and A
We had an excellent stay here and Melanie gave us a warm welcome. The cottage was well-equipped and beautifully decorated, with very comfortable beds. We particularly enjoyed sitting out on the sunny terrace in the evenings. The local shops were only 100 metres away and a large supermarket in Mer, about a 10 minute drive. The cottage is very well situated for exploring the eastern Loire - the chateau of Chambord is only about 10 minutes away and Cheverny, Chenonceau and many others are all easily accessible. We would highly recommend this cottage for a thoroughly enjoyable holiday.