HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We were greeted on arrival by Ange and his wife.
The apartment was spotlessly clean, and our hosts had thoughtfully stocked the 'fridge with water, fruit juice, ice and a few beers. These were most welcome as it was a very hot day.
The apartment itself is spacious, bright and well equipped, with a large fridge/freezer and a very nice rainhead shower. Wardrobes and cupboards are plentiful and there was no shortage of hangers, which made a pleasant change.
Two keys were provided so we could come and go as we pleased, and the car was safe and out of the hot sun in the underground garage.
As the title suggests, the location is ideal. Slightly set back from the road in a new development, the apartment has a splendid view of the Gulf of Valinco from the generous terrace. There is a (seemingly) small supermarket called Utile a couple of hundred yards away that stocks just about everything, while the centre of town is just 3 minutes' walk away and offers a plethora of choices for eating and drinking.
The nearest beach is only a 5-10 minute amble away and there are watersports options such as jet skiing and wind-surfing.
Monsieur Ange assures us he is practising his English in readiness for more visitors from the UK, but speaking some French certainly made things easier! He would be our first port of call should we go back to Propriano one day.
Stayed in August for two weeks.
-Great communication with Olivier and Rui. Very helpful
- Charming house with a good space all around.
- view is fantastic on the terrasse! Absolutely loved having my breakfast there.
- the terrasse on top of the house with an even better view for evening drinks is great!
- secured area with gate at the main entrance.
- great location. Litterally 4/5 min by car from the city centre and 3min from a supermarket. Very convenient.
- kitchen: you'll find everything you need to cook in there !
- Swimming pool : I really thought the house had a private swimming pool so I was a bit disappointed when we arrived. Instead you have three pool in the residence where you need to walk around to find them. Not very convenient for us. But having said that we had a great time wondering around. Great beaches in south west.
- Air con: two air con in both main bedrooms. Very noisy so you can't really leave them on at night if it's hot.
- BBQ: there is a space for à BBQ (see picture on the description but only to place and electric plancha BBQ. Not what I was expecting to be honest. I looked around and neighbours had proper BBQ.
To sum up :
We had a good time in Propriano and the house was lovely