HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We had very high expectations for our stay in Provence, and somehow our stay at Valmousse exceeded those expectations. It was truly like a dream that we never wanted to wake up from.
We won't repeat everything the other reviews and the listing say about the place, except to confirm that all the good things are true. A few things that we would like to highlight based on our own experience:
1. The house somehow fits well for any group size. We are a family of four, and it did not feel overwhelming. At times during our stay we had many visitors (up to 17 at one time), and it all worked just fine (and we even felt like we had enough space to ourselves when needed).
2. Both the owners and the caretakers are delightful and conscientious people. It was a true pleasure to get to know them a bit.
3. The house has all kinds of interesting and beautiful touches, such as artwork and antiques. Very unusual for a rental property.
4. There are lovely, peaceful trails for walking and mountain biking starting from the property.
5. Lambesc has a surprising amount of commercial and leisure activities to offer. So while Valmousse is very much in the countryside, you don't have to go far to find what you need. For example, if you are into tennis, Lambesc has an outstanding and very active tennis club with seven courts.
6. For what it's worth, our family all agreed that the house has a very positive spirit to it, for lack of a better word. Some old places feel creepy, but Valmousse is the opposite--you can sense the timelessness and history, but it feels comfortable and welcoming.