HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We are a family of 3 who stayed in hot August for 10 nights.
Top 10 elements (in no particular order):
1. The welcome. We arrived late (8pm ish) and Patrick and Jacqueline were lovely in their intro to the property. The honey, jam and figs were also lovely.
2. The house is gorgeous.
3. The hosts are friendly, kind, available if you want them to be and just lovely!
4. The lake is so peaceful. We seemed to spend hours looking at the view.
5. Nature: lots of fish (huge carp!), birds, ducks, a wandering-through deer; many varieties of tree.
6. The amenities in the house are exceptional, from an egg whisk to candles.
7. The outside verandah area is plenty big enough with 2 seating areas and sun loungers.
8. There are so many castles within a short drive!
9. We loved Orleans and Blois. Patrick told us about the P+R which was really easy to find and use to avoid parking prices in Orleans.
10. The peace. It is a serene place to stay. The occasional revving engine down the main road can be easily ignored.
Thank you Jacqueline and Patrick. We loved every aspect of our stay and would love to return next year sometime (and I wouldn't say that unless we really hoped it could happen!)
S, J and A
A little difficult to find, quirky , but a wonderful oasis by the river. Not a five star hotel but a five star sea of tranquility. If you want to fish and catch roach up to a pound or small jack pike, only disturbed by ducks, swans, cygnets, ducklings and herons then this is wonderful place. We were able to launch our inflatable kayak but were no match for the rowers and scullers!
The cottage has everything you need and a large Auchan less than 5 minutes away.
Orleans is accessible by tram (10 minutes and 3 Euros return) with parking at Auchan.
If you want peace and quiet this is a perfect hideaway. Nathalie was a welcoming host with a lovely bottle of chilled rose!