HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We stayed at this property for 2 weeks, welcomed by the house keepers who showed us around and made us feel welcome. We felt relaxed and at home here, property was well equipped swimming was amazing and kept well, the housekeepers popped in to maintain it but never disturbed us. Thankyou for an amazing holiday the time just flew by.
A must is to visit the zoo which is about an hour away, best zoo I have ever been too.
We are a family of 3 who stayed in hot August for 10 nights.
Top 10 elements (in no particular order):
1. The welcome. We arrived late (8pm ish) and Patrick and Jacqueline were lovely in their intro to the property. The honey, jam and figs were also lovely.
2. The house is gorgeous.
3. The hosts are friendly, kind, available if you want them to be and just lovely!
4. The lake is so peaceful. We seemed to spend hours looking at the view.
5. Nature: lots of fish (huge carp!), birds, ducks, a wandering-through deer; many varieties of tree.
6. The amenities in the house are exceptional, from an egg whisk to candles.
7. The outside verandah area is plenty big enough with 2 seating areas and sun loungers.
8. There are so many castles within a short drive!
9. We loved Orleans and Blois. Patrick told us about the P+R which was really easy to find and use to avoid parking prices in Orleans.
10. The peace. It is a serene place to stay. The occasional revving engine down the main road can be easily ignored.
Thank you Jacqueline and Patrick. We loved every aspect of our stay and would love to return next year sometime (and I wouldn't say that unless we really hoped it could happen!)
S, J and A