HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We had a pleasant stay at the house. It was beautifully clean and well laid out. Quite a few stairs but was fine for us. It was great for our two girls and close to our friends in Limoges. A stone throw from the bakery for breakfast. We had a lovely anniversary meal at Dino’s, also walking distance. We had great days out at the lake in Bussiere and Cognac le Floret. Brantome is definitely worth a visit too.
We returned a few days ago from a fortnight's stay at Maison L'Allee. After renting a few properties in France this has to be our best find yet and here's why:
1. Spacious rooms, comfortable living areas, fully equipped kitchen and utility, clean and tidy throughout. The house stays lovely and cool inside when it's hot outside and is a lovely typically French style.
2. Huge pool (with a lockable gate for safety with children), lovely big garden which our children enjoyed making some adventures games in, plenty of space and places to hide & seek. The garden is shaded with tall trees, a welcome break from the intense heat we had during our stay..a good spot to BBQ too!
3. The views..just wow! Take in the view of the fields from the poolside, on the deck or up on the top floor through the picture window, it is just lovely. Also the view over the pool from the bedrooms is something just wonderful to open the curtains too every morning. We saw numerous wildlife around us in the open countryside.
4. The peace and quiet...huge peaceful dark skies full of stars, sunsets galore, no traffic noise, in fact little noise at all except the grasshoppers at night, the owl and the neighbouring cows. If you are looking for a break from noise and light pollution this is the place for you, we slept so well!
5. Plenty to do nearby, to mention just a few we enjoyed Confolens, Limoges, Angouleme, the roman baths, Rouchfouchauld castle and the Adventure Park just a few minutes away was great fun for our children. There are so many lovely little towns within 1/2 hour drive radius and the market at Piegut Pluviers (wed am) on recommendation from Beverley was a treat for any market fan. There are plenty of supermarkets and local shops for groceries not too far away in all directions.
Maison L'Allee is a fabulous home from home to stay in, Beverley was around in her house if we had needed her for anything but you wouldn't know she is there as the 2 houses are quite separate with each it's own driveway. When we did catch up with Beverley, she has a wealth of knowledge on the local area and her recommendations were spot on. She has made an information pack in the house with brochures and maps which we found very useful.
We highly recommend Maison L'Allee, thank you Beverley for sharing your superb house.
Jo, Martin, Harry & Anna