HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Lovely cottage attached to the owners house in a beautiful area. The cottage is very well equipped and there is a great pool, BBQ area and table tennis table to use. The owners are really lovely and as they are on site they are very helpful with ideas of places to go and also very welcoming and hospitable. We swam in rivers, went kayaking, visited caves and beautiful towns and cities and all within easy reach of the cottage by car. Great holiday!
My friends, family and I (14 adults, 5 children, 1 infant) spent a wonderful 2 weeks at the chateau to celebrate my 50th birthday. It is difficult to summarise the highlights but the key ones would be as follows:
• Having complete privacy in your own chateau, being able to eat, drink and be merry outside looking across beautiful French countryside while you do so and only disturbing the cows in a nearby field
• Lying on the lawn at midnight looking up at the most clear sky we’d ever seen with stars, satellites and the occasional aircraft passing by
• Eating out on the extensive terrace every evening, including having Jean-Marc and his Wife come over to cook us a lovely 4 course meal on a couple of evenings
• Visiting a local vineyard (Chateau Chambert) to do wine tasting in a beautiful setting then bringing some bottles back to drink at my birthday party
• A trip to Sarlat, a wonderfully preserved medieval town – only 45 minutes away
• Kayaking on the Dordogne – again about 45 minutes away
• Our very own very scenic tennis court where we held our own holiday Wimbledon
• Going for evening runs down the lovely country than ran down the side of the chateau and out even further into the countryside to Lamothette
• Visiting the extensive underground cave network at Gouffre De Padirac including a 1km boat ride
• The Pigoennier which housed 3 teenagers who were able to keep their own hours without disturbing those of us who keep normal hours
• Being looked after by Frederique who cared for the house and Jean-Claude who looked after the grounds. Communication was great fun, Frederique’s English is very good and with Jean-Claude our school-boy/Del Boy French always generated a smile.
• Joanna who was great to deal with leading to a very straight-forward booking from start to finish
However the best part had to be the pool. Heated to around 27C it was always a great temperature for jumping in and cooling off without a huge shock either during the day or at night. There is a huge area for sunbathing as well as for BBQs with lots of chairs, tables, loungers and parasols. I was able to practice my middle-aged afternoon nap on several occasions.
We were all very sad to leave and could easily have stayed for longer. The whole experience was very relaxing and the perfect tonic for a hectic life back at home. All-in-all a really great experience from start to finish.