We stayed at Claudine's lovely apartment for 12 nights and had a wonderful time.
Built into the side of a mountain, It is a 3 bedroom apartment located inside a gated complex in the Magnolia Golf Resort - even though it is not actually on a golf course. It is hard to fault anything with the apartment itself. It is relatively new, well laid out and very clean. There are two bedrooms with double beds and one bedroom with twin beds. It has got everything you would want in the line of appliances. It also has a really good Bluetooth speaker system which is easy to link into and which provides spectacular sound.
I have given the property 5 out of 5 as you couldn't really fault the actual property itself. However there are a few things that you should be aware of that are not obvious from the descriptions given and which we weren't aware of before we booked.
1. While the property is described as having air-conditioning, only two rooms are air conditioned namely the living area and the main en-suite bedroom.
2. The property is 600 metres downhill to the village of La Caleta which means it is 600 metres back up and the apartment itself is located on the top of a steep hill inside the complex. You need to climb another 15 steps to access the property from the road outside. We didn't use the underground car park so I am not sure where the lift is or how close it leaves you to the apartment entrance.
3. It would be practically impossible to stay here without a car or the liberal use of taxis.
4. It is not possible to open the main gate into the complex using the intercom system in the apartment which means that if you are booking a taxi you have to walk almost 200 metres downhill to the main gate to meet the taxi as taxis are not allowed to enter the complex for pick ups.
5. The taxi station is described as being a 3 minute walk. To the best of my knowledge the nearest taxi rank is in La Caleta itself which is closer to a 10 minute walk.
6. The closest shop in La Caleta (10 minute walk) only supplies the basics and to find a decent supermarket you need to drive about 5-7 minutes.
As I said at the outset, you can't fault the apartment itself and once you are aware of where the apartment is and the terrain around it, you will be fine.