HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This was our second stay there and it was nothing short of outstanding!! The villa was super clean and spotless. The caretaker is such a nice person that makes you feel at home. We will be back next year!!! Belvilla services were also outstanding!! The e-mail reminder's are very nice and helpful.
My husband and I stayed here for a week during Christmas. We had a great time in the house and enjoyed exploring the mountains in the area. I would definitely stay here again – here is my opinion, good and bad, about the home:
- The kitchen is very well stocked. There are plenty of dishes, cups, cooking utensils, and even a beer and wine opener.
- The view from the living room is incredible.
- It’s a relatively short walk to the lake (45 min) as well as the town center (20 min).
- The fire stove does a fantastic job of heating the living room and much of the house. We didn’t need to use a radiator.
- I believe this is the most private location that you can get in Tannheim. Unlike the hotels and apartments built on top of each other in the city center, this house is set apart on a private drive with the few neighbors being far away. There is even a hedge of trees that blocks the view of the house from the main road. It was exactly what we wanted.
- There are more towels and blankets that you could ever need.
- We were allowed to bring our pet.
- The house has a strong smell of stale cigarette smoke. This gave my husband a headache for the most of the week.
- The house rules state that you may not remove ashes from the fire stove. I understand that the owners want to avoid ash stains – but we could barely start a fire by the 4th day because of the buildup of ashes. It was frustrating.
- We had to kill between 40 and 50 flies during our stay. They entered somewhere near the living room windows, usually around mid-day. We brought this up at check-out and only received a chuckle and shrug.
- Much of the house was dated. The bathroom was mustard yellow; the roller blinds were a bit tough to maneuver, and so on.
At the end of the week you must pay taxes (per day per person in the home) and for the cost of electricity. I recommend having exact or nearly exact cash on hand because the people who checked us out did not have cash to make change.
I hope you can make a more informed decision about your booking as a result of this review.