UK's number #1 holiday home site celebrates with a £5,000 dream giveaway
27 November 2008 Holiday-Rentals, the UK's number one holiday home rentals site, has launched a redesigned website, following extensive market research and input by travellers and holiday homeowners. The new layout and improved navigation, combined with the site's Rental Guarantee and guest reviews provides travellers with the quickest, simplest and most secure way of finding a private holiday home and once again raises the standards in this fast-growing sector of the travel market.
The holiday rentals marketplace in the UK, France and Germany is valued at $24 billion, according to recent research conducted by Iluminas on behalf of Holiday-Rentals parent company HomeAway, Inc. In addition, according to UK analyst Mintel's report, Self Catering Holidays UK, in 2007 over a quarter of all overseas holidays were taken in private holiday homes, most booked direct with owners online.
"The mission of HomeAway, and the reason for the Holiday-Rentals redesign, is to make private holiday rentals as simple and secure to book as hotels," comments Greg Grant, Managing Director, Holiday-Rentals. "The new site makes it even easier for travellers to find the holiday home that best suits their needs and experience the space, privacy and unbeatable value they offer over hotels. On average, people can save up to 50% off travel agent or hotel prices by booking a private property direct with the owner."
He adds, "In these uncertain times, this explains why Holiday-Rentals is experiencing record traffic levels, while the travel industry in general experiences a downturn. While the market share of visits to leading travel websites in October plummeted by 17% compared to last year*, Holiday-Rentals' October traffic was actually up by 28% and year-to-date, traffic is up 40%."
To celebrate the re-design, Holiday-Rentals is giving away a £5,000 dream holiday, which includes a stay at any one of the site's 122,000+ properties.
New features on the website include:
- A new homepage with more vibrant imagery, a clearer interactive map and links to the most popular destinations, travel deals and holiday ideas.
- Improved, easier to navigate search results pages, with numerous filters to help travellers find the perfect property.
- Larger sized photos throughout, including individual property pages, as research shows photos are a key deciding factor in travellers' choice of holiday home.
- A new navigation bar on individual property pages that lets travellers jump straight to the information they're interested in, with no need to scroll up and down the page.
- Clearer identification of properties suitable for golf and ski holidays.
* according to Hitwise figures for 2008, quoted on Travolution.co.uk on 6 November 2008.