Things to consider when renting out your property for short-term holiday lets
1. Check the rules relating to short-term rentals in your destination or borough.
2. Check with your mortgage provider that your mortgage allows short-term lets.
3. Check you have appropriate insurance for holiday lets.
4. Ensure your home is safe and complies with regulations concerning gas, electrics, etc.
5. If your property is on a complex or in a block, check the lease allows short term lets.
6. Put items of personal or sentimental value in a lockable cupboard or storage.
At the time of writing, to the best of our knowledge 27 of 33 London boroughs have no issue with Londoners renting out their properties. Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster and Camden Councils require that owners request permission before renting out their property. If you are from these boroughs, please ensure you seek permission form your local authority before renting out your property.