HomeAway® is the world’s leader in holiday rentals, with over one million holiday rental listings in 190 countries. We’re here to help you learn what it takes to rent your home and invite travellers in for unforgettable experiences.
Why list with HomeAway?
Flexible listing options, worldwide exposure, easy-to-use listing management tools, a secure online booking and payments platform, dedicated customer support, and more!
The decision to rent out your property as a holiday rental is a big one. That’s why we have tools in place—including traveller and host reviews, secure messaging, and a carefree rental guarantee—to help you feel comfortable every step of the way.
- Dashboard where you can manage all aspects of your listing
- Property description highlighting what makes your home special
- Reviews collected directly from guests and added to your listing
- Calendar to manage your property’s availability
- Online booking and payments, keeping you in control of who stays and how you get paid
- Property headline to grab the attention of your travelers
- 24 photos to showcase your home to travelers
- Map pinpointing your property and surrounding attractions
- Exposure through our expanded network, including Expedia.com®
- Mobile app that keeps your business moving forward while you’re on the go
For seven years, HomeAway.co.uk has consistently provided 85% of our rentals a year! For me, there's no need to advertise elsewhere"
We are extremely pleased; our property is nearly fully booked for the summer. We are getting at least two enquiries a day mainly because of continuous help from your Marketing Team
Your adverts are amazing! Everyone tells me the site is so easy to find. Just this week alone, I have had two groups book from Denmark, one from Holland and one from the UK.
- Mr Barrelli
I have had a tremendous response by advertising with HomeAway.co.uk. The bookings poured in after only a few days of adding our property to your site. Thank you!
The decision to rent out your property as a holiday rental is a big one, but it doesn’t have to be hard work.
Before creating your listing online, be sure to have the following items ready:
- Property address
- Photos of your property—we recommend compelling interior and exterior shots (minimum of six photos are required)
- Rental rates and applicable taxes
Here's a preview of the rental process
- List your property online using our easy-to-use owner tools and features.
- Travelers can find your listings and submit inquiries. (You always have control over who stays at your place and when.)
- Your property is booked once you and your guests agree on dates, prices, payment, etc.
- You ensure your rental property is ready for guests to arrive!
- Once your guests have checked out, you can settle any remaining administrative details and request a review.
We’ve created some helpful tools to help you get started:
Listing on HomeAway makes it easy to earn rental income. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we can offer you exposure to more than 44 million travellers per month. Our international network includes 50 sites around the world, including three of the top holiday rental sites in the United States, as well as France, Brazil, Australia, Germany, UK, Canada, Mexico, Spain, Italy, and more. We offer several ways to list, including a pay-per-booking option so you can list for free and pay nothing until you get a booking.
Yes, you’re always in control of who stays in your property as every enquiry and booking request comes to you. With online booking, you have 24 hours to speak with your potential guests and make sure they’re a good fit for your property.
At HomeAway, we believe in "The whole house. The whole family. A whole holiday." As part of our commitment to that, we only rent whole properties. But it certainly doesn't have to be a house! Acceptable rental properties include houses, apartments, and villas, as well as barns, boats, bungalows, cabins, castles, chalets, chateaus, cottages, estates, mansions, yachts, and yurts, and other structures travellers may want to rent for their whole holiday.
All listings will be sorted using our “best match” system, which applies an algorithm to all listings based on the traveller’s search criteria (e.g., travel dates, location) and ultimately displays those listings most likely to result in a successful booking. The #1 way to be successful in best match is to enable online booking for all listings and to increase the number of onsite bookings you make.
Still have questions?
Call to speak with someone on the HomeAway® sales team at 020 3514 0016 Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Visit the HomeAway help portal