Terms & Conditions
The prize for this competition is £500 towards a stay in any one of the 200,000+ properties listed on HomeAway.co.uk.
You can enter the competition by completing and returning to us the form provided on the back of our flyer in your show goody bag, or by sending an email to schambers(at)homeaway.co.uk, subject: 50+ Show Prize Draw Entry. If you wish to post your entry form from our flyer, our address is detailed in the Terms & Conditions below.
The Terms & Conditions below apply:
- To enter you must be a resident of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over. The promoter of this prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) is HomeAway UK Ltd, operated by HomeAway UK Limited (the “Promoter”). The Promoter’s address is Portland House, 25th Floor, Bressenden Place, London SW1E 5BH.
- The Prize Draw is not open to employees of HomeAway UK Ltd, heir agencies or associated companies, or the immediate families of anyone associated with the Prize Draw. By entering the Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by these rules.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility, age, identity and e-mail account of entrants, and entrants agree to provide such information as the Promoter may reasonably request in this connection.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any payment of any costs, expenses, fees or taxes associated with the receipt or use of any of the Prizes.
- By entering, entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Promoter and these Terms and Conditions and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. The Promoter, and those working for Promoter or on behalf of Promoter, will not be responsible for lost, late, or misdirected e-mail, or for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and/or any other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays or any human error which may occur in the transmission, attempted transmission, receipt or processing of the entries.
- The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of the relevant entrant's fraud, dishonesty, or non-entitlement under, or breach of, these Terms and Conditions. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person who submits an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the holder of the e-mail account from which the entry is made.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for damages, losses or injuries that result from acceptance or use of any Prize to the maximum extent permissible under applicable laws.
- Confirmation of booking with the property owner or owners must be provided by sending an email to HomeAway UK Ltd via the address provided in the prize confirmation email before funds are released.
- The stay must occur within the one (1) year period following the notification to the winner that he or she won the prize, at which time the prize shall expire.
- The prize winner must provide proof of the rental rate payable for the property by sending the property owner’s confirmation of the booking and the total amount payable to the email address provided in the prize confirmation email.
- HomeAway UK Ltd will be responsible for paying to the property owner or owners the amount of the rental cost up to a maximum of £500, provided that the rental cost (1) come to less than £500, HomeAway UK Ltd will forward the difference by cheque or bank transfer (as specified by the winner) to the winner, or (2) exceeds £500, it will be the duty of the winner to pay the excess to the relevant owner/owners.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the winner must bear his/her own travel and other costs in connection with the property rental.