Terms & Conditions
1. The ‘Dream Holiday’ competition (the "Competition") is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
2. Fresh Egg LTD (the “Promoter”) is the promoter of this competition and can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
3. The host of the competition is HomeAway UK Ltd and is known as the “Competition host” for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
4. The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of the Promoter, their group companies or family members or anyone else connected directly to the Competition host or to the Promoter.
5. Using a false name or address will result in disqualification.
6. Entry to the competition is obtained in the following way: Visit the Dream Holiday tab on the HomeAway UK Facebook page and follow the steps to create your dream holiday.
7. A person may enter the competition more than once. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Competition entry to us.
8. No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
9. No purchase necessary.
10. Entries made online using methods generated by a script or macro or the use of automated devices will not be counted.
11. The Prize of the competition is £1,000 towards a stay in a property listed on, and booked through, the HomeAway.co.uk website (www.HomeAway.co.uk). For the prize, confirmation of booking with the property owner or owners must be provided to the Competition host by sending an email to HomeAway.co.uk via the address provided in the prize confirmation email before funds are released from the Competition host and the stay must occur within the one (1) year period following the notification to the winner that he or she won the prize, at which time the prize shall expire. The prize winner must provide proof of the rental rate payable for the property (“Rental Cost”) by sending the property owner’s confirmation of the booking and the total amount payable to the email address provided by HomeAway.co.uk in the prize confirmation email. The Competition host will be responsible for paying to the property owner or owners the amount the Rental Cost up to a maximum of £1,000, provided that should the Rental Cost (1) come to less than £1,000, the Promoter will forward the difference by bank transfer to the winner, up to a maximum value of £500, or (2) exceed £1,000, it will be the duty of the winner to pay the excess to the relevant owner/owners. For the avoidance of doubt, the winner must bear his/her own travel and other costs in connection with the property rental. By accepting the prize and booking a property or properties listed on HomeAway.co.uk, the winner and their accompanying travel companions accept and acknowledge the terms and conditions of the Competition host as detailed here: https://www.homeaway.co.uk/info/about-us/legal/terms-conditions/traveller. The Competition host will not be responsible for any payment of any costs, expenses, fees or taxes associated with the receipt or use of any of the Prizes.
12. The prize is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
13. One winner will receive the prize.
14. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
15. The Promoter retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
16. The prize will be sent out within 30 days of the closure of the Competition; however The Promoter cannot guarantee delivery times.
17. The Competition opens on 1st November, at 09:00 am.
18. The Competition closes on 31st January, 11:59pm. Entries received after that date and time will not be considered.
19. There will be 1 winner selected randomly from the list of all entries to the competition.
20. The winner will be selected no later than 14 days after the end of the competition.
21. The winner will be notified by email and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter shall be entitled to select another winner (and that winner will have to respond to the Promoter within 7 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter shall be entitled to select another winner.
22. Details of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Fresh Egg Ltd, 1-13 Buckingham Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1TH.
23. The winner may be required for promotional activity and by entering the competition accepts that their name and address may be published or provided if requested as per the terms and conditions contained within.
Data protection & privacy
24. Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent (other than the winning entry). Data relating to entrants will be retained by the Promoter and Competition host for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist in operating competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
25. Information provided to enter the competition may be used, shared or published or used for publicity in a digital format and includes your name, your location and/or profile picture.
26. By providing the Competition host with your personal data you consent to the Competition host sending you marketing emails unless you opt out via the checkbox provided.
27. If an Entrant does not wish for their personal information to be used for marketing purposes, a request to remove consent for personal information to be used for marketing purposes should be submitted in writing to the Competition host.
28. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of the Promoter or the Competition host for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
29. The Promoter and Competition host accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
30. The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the Promoter in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
32. The entrant completely releases Facebook from any involvement in this competition.
33. The competition is not sponsored, associated, organised, endorsed or administered in any way by Facebook.
34. Information provided as part of the competition is not provided to Facebook.
35. The Competition will be governed by English law.
36. Promoter: Fresh Egg Ltd, 1-13 Buckingham Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1TH.