Reviews are a great way to promote your property online. That’s why this Autumn we want you to collect as many reviews as possible from your previous guests.
How can online reviews help you get more bookings from holidaymakers?
- Increase the holidaymaker’s confidence: two thirds of people trust independent online reviews**
- Property adverts on HomeAway.co.uk that don’t display any reviews receive significantly less enquiries from holidaymakers than those that do^
- Displaying a number of positive reviews can impact your placement within your Subscription Level
That’s why from August – October 2013, every time a holidaymaker reviews a property on HomeAway.co.uk, that property will be entered into a prize draw to receive:
- A free renewal at Classic Level (worth £249) at the end of its current subscription
- A free Global Bundle (worth £399) from November 2013 to the end of your next subscription
One review equals one entry into our prize draw. There is no upper limit on the number of reviews you can collect, and thus entires you can make.
Request Reviews from your Previous Guests now
You can use the review request form in your Owner Dashboard to send a customised request to your previous guests. Anyone who has stayed as a guest in your home can post a review, whether they found your property on HomeAway.co.uk or not.
We are also running a similar competition for holidaymakers to incentivise them to review the properties they have stayed in this year. This is all part of our efforts to make HomeAway.co.uk the most open online holiday rental marketplace possible.
*Competition terms and conditions strictly apply
^Source: HomeAway Business Intellegence
Terms & Conditions for the Owner Review competition, launched September 2013
The competition begins on Thursday 1st August 2013 and will close at midnight on Thursday 31st October 2013.
- All properties on HomeAway.co.uk will receive one entry into our prize draw for every holidaymaker review submitted.
- Reviews must comply with our content guidelines and must relate to actual stays. Any review written in breach of said guidelines shall be removed and shall not be taken into account for entries. Promoter reserves the right to verify validity of entries and to cancel entries if identified as invalid.
- We do not have an upper limit of entries a single property can receive.
- By entering the competition you agree to receive emails and special offers from HomeAway.co.uk. You can unsubscribe from these at any time.
- The prize is a Global Bundle worth £399 which the winner will receive during November 2013. It will last until the end of their subscription following their current one. They will also be renewed for free at Classic Level (worth £249) at the end of their current subscription. If they wish to renew at a higher subscription level, they will save £249 at the end of that renewal.
- The Prize Draw is not open to employees of HomeAway UK Ltd., their agencies or associated companies, or the immediate families of anyone associated with the Prize Draw. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these rules.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility, age, identity and e-mail account of entrants, and entrants agree to provide such information as the Promoter may reasonably request in this connection.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any payment of any costs, expenses, fees or taxes associated with the receipt or use of any of the Prizes.
- By entering, entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Promoter and these Terms and Conditions and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. The Promoter, and those working for the Promoter or on behalf of Promoter, will not be responsible for lost, late, or misdirected e-mail, or for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and/or any other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays or any human error which may occur in the transmission, attempted transmission, receipt or processing of the entries.
- The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of the relevant entrant's fraud, dishonesty, or non-entitlement under, or breach of, these Terms and Conditions. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person who submits an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the holder of the e-mail account from which the entry is made.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for damages, losses or injuries that result from acceptance or use of any Prize to the maximum extent permissible under applicable laws.