HomeAway Money Back Guarantee for Owner
HomeAway is committed to providing the best service possible. We want holiday home owners to have confidence in our platform, and that's why we offer a Money Back Guarantee to certain owners who currently list on HomeAway and who satisfy the terms set out below (“Money Back Guarantee”).
1. Money Back Guarantee
This program comes into effect on the 11 July 2016 (“Effective Date
”) and is offered to ensure that owners who currently subscribe to either a bronze, silver, gold or platinum subscription (“Tiered Listing Subscription
”) on a HomeAway site, but do not have on-line booking functionality enabled, have the confidence to renew their annual subscription in accordance with our new subscription model, with on-line booking functionality enabled. Therefore, if you renew your annual subscription after the Effective Date and before the 10 July 2017 and do not then receive at least 4 (four) booking requests through your listing on HomeAway during the 12 month period following the date of renewal (“Subscription Renewal Period”
), you may be eligible for a refund of the amount you paid to renew your annual subscription.
2. Qualification Criteria
This Money Back Guarantee is available only:
- to owners who have a Tiered Listing Subscription for a property listing live on HomeAway as at the Effective Date and
- where such Tired Listing Subscription does not have on-line booking functionality enabled across the 12 month subscription and
- where the Tiered Listing Subscription is due for renewal after the Effective Date, but before the 10 July 2017 and
- where the owner then renews their annual subscription on the basis of our new subscription model and with on-line booking functionality enabled.
In addition to the above, in order to qualify, owners must meet the following criteria:
- the owner must have paid for their annual renewal by credit card and
- the property must be available to our travellers at least six (6) months during the Subscription Renewal Period and
- the property has not been sold during the subscription period or be leased or let on for more than an uninterrupted 3 month period and
- the property must not be a timeshare and
- the property listing for the Subscription Renewal Period must have a minimum of 6 photos live on our site and
- actual booking rates for the property for all dates on which the property is listed as available to rent must be displayed on the listing and
- the property listing must be complete (based on the fields provided in our listing build) and
Please note this Money Back Guarantee applies to the amount of the annual subscription fee paid by the owner at the time the owner renews their
- after the first 11 months of your Subscription Renewal Period have elapsed you have not received the at least 4 booking requests and
- you otherwise satisfy the terms of this Money Back Guarantee
You may request a refund of your subscription fees. You should be aware, should you apply for such refund, that:
- We will verify all claims.
- You will not be eligible for any other “money back guarantee” offered by HomeAway.
- This offer is limited to one refund per owner.
4. How to claim - Notifying HomeAway of a Claim
5. Verification of Requests for Refund
In order to make a claim under this guarantee, you should please contact our customer service team, quoting "Money Back Guarantee" in the subject line to request a refund. You can make a claim at any time between the 11th month of your subscription and (subject to the Valid Date as set out in 7 below) 60 days after the expiration of your subscription. Please be aware that if you claim before your Subscription Renewal Period has expired, we reserve the right to take such steps as we may deem appropriate to help you promote your property and if as a result of such activities, you receive more than 4 booking requests before the end of your Subscription Renewal Period, your claim under this Money Back Guarantee will be denied.
All requests for refund are subject to verification by HomeAway. HomeAway will not verify any request that it believes, in its sole discretion, is made fraudulently or in bad faith.
6. Changes to Money Back Guarantee
HomeAway reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Money Back Guarantee or to restrict its availability. The terms that are in effect at the time of your listing will determine your eligibility under the Money Back Guarantee. The failure by HomeAway to enforce any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
7. Valid dates
You must make any claim under this Money Back Guarantee within 60 days of the date of expiry of your Subscription Renewal Period. In any event (and subject to clause 6), this Money Back Guarantee program will remain in place until the 10 September 2018 (and any applications not received by this date shall automatically lapse and be invalid).
[End of terms]