They’re everyone’s most faithful companion. The beloved family member kids can’t go to sleep without. And no holiday is complete without taking them along: Teddy bears.
But their lack of voice means tragically, sometimes our teddy’s are left behind - on the beach, in the back of a car or at the holiday home.
UK parents spend up to £500 to get their child’s lost toy back
When kids lose their favourite cuddly toy, mums and dads turn into teddy bear-faced liars. Almost a third (31%) of parents confess to replacing the cuddly toy with something similar and swear it’s the same one, whilst over half (57%) admit to making up fantasy stories about where their child’s favourite soft toy has gone: on holiday, to the moon or it is now living with a child that doesn’t have any cuddly toys and would need it more than them.
With over four fifths (86%) of kids in the UK having a favourite soft toy that goes everywhere with them, it’s no surprise they are heartbroken when they accidentally lose it.
Nothing can ruin the family holiday feeling quicker than the tears and temper tantrum that follows the loss of a teddy.
Sometimes, they make their own way home, thanks to an act of kindness - or more likely a resourceful parent. On average, UK parents would spend £175 to get their child’s toy back once lost on holiday, whilst almost a third (31%) would be willing to pay up to £500, with 9% happy to pay even more.
HomeAway is reuniting left-behind teddy bears with owners
Wouldn’t it be great if there was an easier, cheaper way to reunite forgotten teddys with their owners?
We thought so, too. During this year’s school summer holidays, if a teddy is left behind in a HomeAway holiday home in Europe, let the HomeAway team know via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, in which property the teddy has been forgotten and the HomeAway Teddy Express will get them home, safe and sound.
Whether they’re left at the breakfast table during a weekend staycation or enjoying some unexpected time abroad, the HomeAway team will get them home to their owners.
It’s the least we can do for our cuddly friends and goes a long way to ensuring that your stay with HomeAway feels like your home away from home.
Terms and Conditions for HomeAway’s Teddy Express (the "Teddy Express")
When contacting HomeAway about the Teddy Express, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions"). PR activities relating to the Teddy Express, including all information on how to use the Teddy Express, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall take precedence.
1.The promoter of the Teddy Express is HomeAway UK Limited, Level 24 Portland House, Bressenden Place, London SW1E 5BH ("HomeAway").
-1. All UK residents who travel to Europe during the Travel Dates and claim under the Teddy Express service must be at least 18 years old. HomeAway reserves the right to request that travellers can prove that they are eligible.
0. The Teddy Express will commence at 12.01am BST time on 1st July 2019 and all requests must be received by 11.59pm BST time on the closing date of 7th September 2019.
1. The Teddy Express service will be promoted via PR activities in the UK. To use the Teddy Express service, travellers must contact HomeAway no later than 24 hours after their stay in a European HomeAway property.
The traveller can contact HomeAway via its Facebook, Twitter or Instagram channels.
The Teddy Express is limited to the return of soft toys from Europe to the United Kingdom or within the United Kingdom. No other items are eligible for return under the Teddy Express service.
All travellers need to enter their name, email address, postal address, the property number of the European HomeAway property they stayed in, the booking number of the related booking as well as the dates they stayed in the European HomeAway property.
Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent requests will be rejected.
3. The Teddy Express service includes the return of soft toys left/forgotten/lost in a European HomeAway holiday home during the Travel Dates to its UK owners at no extra cost.
4. The following terms apply to the Teddy Express service:
(a) The Teddy Express will be only available for stays in European HomeAway holiday homes from 1st July 2019 till 7th September 2019 (“Travel Dates”).
(b) The Teddy Express service is limited to HomeAway travellers from the UK, travelling within the UK or Europe, staying in a European property listed on HomeAway.co.uk or any of the other websites of the Vrbo network.
(c) HomeAway will contact the owner of the respective property at its earliest convenience after being notified of the loss of a soft toy in their property to arrange necessary courier facilities providing the soft toy has been found.
(d) HomeAway does not take any responsibility for any losses if notified more than 24 hours after the end of stay date or in case the property owner disposed the soft toy immediately after the stay. However, in the latter case, HomeAway will provide an alternative, new soft toy of a similar nature and of an equivalent financial value as a gesture of goodwill.
6. Save where it has been negligent, HomeAway will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from the travellers’ request of the Teddy Express service or their acceptance and/or use of the Teddy Express service, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to request the Teddy Express service. Save where it has been negligent, HomeAway will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable requests. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit HomeAway's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
7. All HomeAway's decisions in relation to the Teddy Express service are final.
8. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Service or these Terms and Conditions. This choice of law will not deprive a consumer of the protection afforded by provisions, from which, according to the law of the state in which the participant has its habitual residence, cannot be derogated from by agreement.