For a dream holiday in the North Atlantic Martinique, a former luxury resort: located on the heights, in a flower garden park Domaine de Sainte Marie that spans 12 acres of beautifully wooded - View exceptional Anse Azerot-sheltered beach and one of the most beautiful in the north Atlantic coast - Huge pool with sea view in the center of the area, 5 minutes walk from your accommodation. In the village of Sainte Marie, all facilities: shops, supermarkets, doctors, pharmacy, post office, snack bar, restaurant ...
Sainte-Marie is known for its Museum of Rum 'Saint James', the 'Museum of Banana'
L'Habitation Fond Saint Jacques' historic monument where lived the famous Père Labat,
The house of Bele (local dances)
Tombolo (geological formation: islet connected to the mainland by a strip of land
(Island at high tide and low tide peninsula)
Feast of St. Mary: August 15
Common to the northeast, on the east coast. Sainte-Marie is an important early colonization with a monastery in the middle of the seventeenth and especially thanks to the Father Labat, religious scholar and physician, who was one of the fathers of Martinique, he defended the town against particular English incursions.
Highest point: Morne de l'Etang (587 m). Morne des Esses, site. Bamboo rivers, Charpentier, Bezaudin, Saint-Jacques. Coastal beaches and rocks. Forest land for the public reception (Philippe at the tip Tenos. Beautiful views along the coastal road. Site Fond St. Jacques, on the Saint-Jacques River
Resources and production;
- Rhumerie Saint James tours, tasting and sales (February / June) are housed in a beautiful Creole house carefully restored. the museum offers a walk through the history of the cane and rum from 1765 to today.
- Fond Saint Jacques: once inhabited by Father Labat, historical monument Monastery. Visit with many cultural exhibitions.
- Museum of the Banana: You can discover the history of the banana
what a banana really how it grows.
you can also see the many varieties of bananas during a discovery in a very pleasant and flowery garden circuit. Beautiful wooden house with bright colors and beautiful frame in the Main building.
- Basketry from dull the esses: Workshop manufacturing techniques as Caribs methods with natural dyes. The fibers used are the cachibou and aroman.
- Rails sugarcane (St James distillery) just to board the locomotive to make a trip back in time in the middle of cane fields, banana, crossings etc ...
- The house of Bele visit: Traditional music of slaves.
- The Tombolo: An original geographical training an islet connected to the mainland by a strip of sand, which can be visited at low tide and a very nice ride that allows you to see sainte marie another angle.
- 5 minutes from the beach Anse Azerot 'sheltered beach and one of the finest in the North Atlantic coast.
- At the entrance of the tropical forest near hiking.
- 30 minutes from Mount Pelee.