|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Recently renovated apartment in wonderful Venetian palace called Accademia dei Nobili has Giudecca. Second floor with lift, 120 m2, living / dining room, two large bedrooms, large kitchen, bathroom. Sunny, high plafoinds (4m. 20), fully equippe Internet WI-FI included.
The island was originally known as the Spina Lunga ("Long Edge" Spina, fishbone) because of its curved and elongated. The place later received its current name, according to some, by the Jewish community that there would be installed, but this explanation is not convincing because the former Jewish ghetto was located in the neighborhood ("sestiere") of Cannaregio. It is more likely that the name derives from the word Giudecca giudicare ("judge"; giudizio, "judgment"), with reference to the use of the island as a place of exile for dissidents aristocrats in the early ninth century. The island then became the golden age of the Republic, a resort and escape, consisting of palaces surrounded by large parks.
The Grand Canal and the Giudecca Canal (at the bottom, the church of Santa Maria della Salute in Venice)
The magnificence of this period is particularly evidenced by the imposing church of Redentore ("Redeemer"), designed by Andrea Palladio between 1577 and 1592 to mark the end of the terrible plague that struck the city in 1576 and decimated a third of its inhabitants. Every year, the Doge and his entourage visited the church across the canal on a bridge of boats from the dock in the Zatterre sestiere Dorsoduro. This feast of the Redeemer has always held in the third week of July.
occhi Tre house on the Giudecca
Church Sta Eufemia
The place became an industrial area in the early twentieth century including shipyards and factories, and a movie studio. The decline began Giudecca after the Second World War with the gradual closure of the industrial sector. For many years, the Giudecca be degraded and seedy place, before a series of pardons not make again a quiet modern residential area, and appreciated. It is famous for its long pier north, which forms a beautiful promenade and offers a splendid view of Venice.
RESTAURANTS, BARS & NIGHTLIFE
• Cannaregio 'Alla Vedova' close to the Ca 'd'Oro, "40 Ladroni" and "Anice Stellato" in Fondamenta della Sensa. "Gam Gam" and "Marisa da" for lunch. 'Corte del Remer' Between Campo Santi Apostoli and Bortolomio san (also lunchtime);
• Dorsoduro: 'Da Sandro' in Calle Lunga San Barnaba (Dorsoduro), Al Bottegon (san Trovaso, Dorsoduro);
• Castello 'Corte Sconta.
• Giudecca "Figli delle stelle" and "Altanella" in the Giudecca. In the Giudecca aussi you can find a good restaurant at the naval shipyard 'da Crea' 100 meters from the studio. Orelse, always in the Giudecca, "I Do Mori" and "Ai cacciatori" (higher quality & price) close to the Palanca vaporetto stop.
• San Marco: Higher up (50/100 eur per person, excellent quality and service): Ai Do Forni (San Marco) and Hotel Monaco (Giardinetti di San Marco)
• Bars and nightlife ... if you still-have energy at night, nightlife is in the Fondamenta della Misericordia (Cannaregio), Rialto and surroundings (Naranzaria) and Campo Santa Margherita (Dorsoduro). Central Bar and Antico Martini (close to the Fenice), al Muro (san Luca). The last stop: Piccolo Mondo Antico in the Accademia (the only nightclub in Venice!).
Apart from san Marco (both the Basilica and Palazzo Ducale shoulds not be missed), Rialto, Scuola Grande San Rocco, San Giorgio Maggiore, San Giorgio degli Schiavoni, the Redentore church in the Giudecca, Basilica della Salute, the Accademia, Santa Maria dei carmini ... the ideal timeframe to visit Venice spans from two weeks (minimum) to a lifetime. There really is a lot to discover. The best thing is to get lost outside of the tourist track, at day or night (Venice is one of the safest cities in the world) in Castello, Dorsoduro, San Polo and Cannaregio.
|Rental Period||Minimum Rate||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Rate|
1 May 2015 - 8 May 2015
8 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add €25 per night, per additional guest|
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Notes||A partir de 5 personnnes le tarif est de 200 eur/nuitee, 1200 eur/semaine|
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (EUR), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.