Photos and Description of this 2 bedroom holiday villa in East End - The Retreat
Villa, 2 Bedrooms + Loft, 2.25 Baths, (Sleeps 10)
Perfect privacy and the sweeping drama of magnificent ocean views from every room of this new villa harmonize with The Retreat's natural setting. Perched hillside just 110 feet above the live coral reefs, white sands, and soothing surf sounds of pristine Dreekets Bay on Saint John's unspoiled east end, The Retreat is sequestered behind an electronic gate.
The landscaped entry courtyard, set with a pergola, lap pool, hot tub, and a terrace for sunning and relaxation, welcomes its privileged guests into an aura of tranquil serenity and beauty swept by cooling tradewinds. Its three pavilions, washed with cool green hues, are all on one level and sited to overlook one of the most stunning ocean views in the Caribbean - a sparkling, long-distance panorama of Sir Francis Drake Channel with the verdant island of Tortola beyond. Two equal, air-conditioned, king-size bedroom/bath suites flank either side of the main pavilion, and both offer a loft with extra-long, double-size beds (accessed by wooden pull-down ladders). The baths feature romantic outdoor showers, from which the spectacular views can be enjoyed in complete privacy.
This lovely hideaway is finished with rich slate tiles, hand-crafted mahogany cabinetry, and teak and mahogany furniture and accent pieces from Indonesia, Burma, and Thailand. The well-equipped gourmet kitchen in the main pavilion offers ocean vistas. Each pavilion features a unique and convenient choice of roll-down electronic screening or glass-paneled doors which cover the entire front of each pavilion - they roll down at the touch of a button - or leave them in their up positions and enjoy the view from the balconies outside and the drama and complete openness of The Retreat.
There are seasonal papaya, passion fruit, banana, lemon, and lime trees in the garden for you to pick and enjoy.
Outside one-bedroom pavilion is a slate-lined outdoor beach shower and a wooden staircase which leads to a trail zigzagging down to Haulover Bay. Frommer's Guide deems Haulover Bay one of the best snorkeling destinations on Saint John (locals say it is THE best), and on a lucky day you might spot dolphins frolicking, or a sea turtle. A few feet down this shoreline from the trail, a lovely crescent of white sand beach curves around crystal-clear waters - stunning beauty and solitude await you.
The Retreat offers the ideal combination of elegant luxury and relaxing seclusion, and will refresh your spirit with its aura of natural harmony and peace... a very special place.
* Maximum persons is ten.
* Two bedrooms - bedroom specs - two European kings plus loft above each bedroom, each with 1 extra-long double-size bed in each loft (climb a wooden ladder to access each loft); 1 queen bed or 2 twins in LR made from award winning couch, not pull out.
* Two baths - bathrooms walk-in closet tiled showers, plus outdoor pool shower.
* Pool - pool specs - 40 foot by 6 foot by 4.5 foot deep (lap pool) plus built-in hot tub (five foot by six foot; seats six).
* Nearest beach - white sand beach plus snorkeling below villa, via staircase and steep trail with rock stepping stones down to the shoreline (a five-minute hike).
* Children welcome - yes, over seven-years old ONLY.
* Maid Service - no - maid service frequency... if rental is 14 nights or longer, one maid service per week will be provided.
* Smoking NOT permitted in the house; outside ONLY.
- alternative lifestyle
- pets considered
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only