Photos and Description of this 4 bedroom holiday apartment in Sainte Foy Tarentaise - Sous les Tuiles
A double level apartment on 1.550 m' for an active (summer or winter) holiday
The apartment offers 4 bedrooms of which 3 are located under the sloping roof. Also located on this level is a bathroom with a sink and a shower/bath and a separated WC. All beds are provided with a hotel-quality mattress, pillow and duvet. The rooms are spacious enough to put your clothes, personal belongings and if needed, a small bed for a baby.
The 4th sleeping room is located on the level where you enter the apartment. This room has a bunk bed and its own shower. Opposite this room there is the second (separate) WC. You will also find here the living with the open kitchen and a big dining table, which sits 8 to 9. The fire place and the balcony, where you can enjoy the winter sun, makes the apartment complete.
The kitchen is provided with a dishwasser, an oven, a microwave, a refrigerator with 3 freezer trays and an electric stove. A water boiler and a coffee machine (Senseo) is available as well as general kitchenware.
The apartment is located only 50 m' from the ski slopes
The apartment 'Sous les Tuiles' is a two-level apartment, part of the apartment complex 'Hameau des Neiges'. It is located at a height of 1.550 m', driving 2 corners after the centre of Sainte Foy Station. The complex houses eight apartments in different sizes and with their individual style. Sous les Tuiles is the highest located apartment, there for 'living under the tiles' or in French 'Sous les Tuiles'.
From the apartment you can view the first chairlift that brings you to Plan Bois; the start of the ski slopes is on 50 m' from the entrance of the building. The skiing area of Sainte Foy is very child friendly.
The centre of Sainte Foy has a small supermarket to get your daily groceries and local specialities; in the bakery you can buy your fresh French bread. For a paper you go to the news agency close to the ski school.
Active & relaxing in winter: Off course Sainte Foy is attractive for its skiing and snowboarding (on and off piste), but there are more snow activities. A small summary of the possibilities:
• Snow shoe (raquettes) walking - 5 signed tracks are available;
• Telemark skiing - you can rent these skis for a day to try it out;
• Sledging after 16.30 in the village;
• Snow seater - to take up to the pistes;
• Exercise your back- and front flips on a big black 'pillow';
• A dog sledge tour;
• Special off piste tours with a guide of the Ecole Ski de France or a private ski-teacher.
The centre of Sainte Foy has several restaurants and bars, different in pricing and atmosphere. They all offer hospitality and are setup to match the authenric village. The tourist bureau organises constantly different activities for which you can enrol. Visit the 'Bureau du Tourism', located at Sainte Foy next to the stairway that connects the wooden deck and the level lower.
Warm days & cool nights in summer: Sainte Foy is getting more and more prepared for an active summer holiday. In and from the centre of Sainte Foy a number of possibilities are offered:
• marked walking trails - for example to 'le Monal';
• small water places to play;
• play facilities for younger kids;
• sport competitions for kids (primary school);
• guided walking tours with explanation on flora and fauna;
• climbing Col d'Iseran or the Petit Bernard to italy on an bike;
• marked VTR tracks (you can rent bikes in Sainte Foy centre);
• great area to take several 'cols' by motorbike (Col d'Iseran, Col Petite Bernard, Col de la Madeleine)
Every activity related to mountains can be found (within max. an hour drive): rafting, canoeing, hydro speed, via Ferrata, via Cordata, walking tracks, etc)..
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
Guestbook comments from the owner
Great memories off a super week, although the weather could have been better. You have a great apartment perfectly located. We go for another week next season!