Il Fienile (the hayloft) is on the outskirts of the beautiful Bagni di Lucca village of Guzzano, it is set in acres of olive groves with stunning views. Its location makes it ideal for those wanting to explore Tuscany. You can easily visit the nearby cities of Florence, Lucca, Pisa, Siena or the famous coastal villages of the Cinque Terre. You can enjoy walking, cycling or horse riding in the surrounding hills
Twice a week in summer you can pre book a Tuscan meal at the agriturismo. Eating alfresco you can sample fresh local produce and delicious Tuscan food dishes all served with a selection of local wines.
If you want a complete relaxing holiday the gardens are tranquil & come complete with loungers for sunbathing as well as an area with stone BBQ, table & chairs ideal for al fresco eating.
Winter ski in the resorts of Abetone, Monte Cimone or Cutigliano. Alternatively you can relax & pamper yourself at one of the thermal spa centres. Il Fienile is a piece of Tuscan heaven & its location makes it ideal all year round for small family groups & couples.
BAGNI DI LUCCA THERMAL SPA TOWN
To learn more about this area you can enjoy an easy guided walk called the HISTORIC WALK OF BAGNI DI LUCCA SPA TOWN to learn about its history and its spas. Please see our website for day trips and activities.
1. Its spas have been used since Roman times.
2. The thermal water comprises of 19 springs containing salts, minerals, sulphur & calcium reaching natural temperatures of up to 67f (54c).
3. In the 18th century the thermal spas were so famous that many of Europe's nobility came to enjoy the waters.
4. Bagni di Lucca had one of Europe's first Casinos now open every day except Monday from 9pm to 3am.
5. It has historic links to the poets Byron, Browning & Barrett and the composer Giacomo Puccini.
1. There are many circular walk and trails that take you into the countryside from the property
2. Walking you can explore the many quaint Tuscan villages that are included in Bagni di Lucca.
3. For walkers who want a challenge walk up to Prato Fiorito 1200m above sea level to see stunning views.
TUSCAN CITIES & PLACES OF INTEREST
3. Cinque Terre
8. Castelnuovo di Garfagnana
DAYS OUT FOR FAMILIES
1. WATER PARK - Get wet 'n' wild in the AQUA VILLAGE WATER PARK.
2. AMUSEMENT PARK - CAVALLINO MATTO is great for younger children.
3. BEACHES - enjoy the VERSILIAN COAST with its wide sandy beaches & play areas every 100 metres.
4. COLLODI the birth place of the author of Pinocchio with its themed fun park, villa gardens & butterfly house.
5. COMMUNAL THERMAL SPA POOLS complete with 25 metre pool, diving & baby pool, open June to Sept.
6. AQUARIUM - One of the largest in Europe is fantastic for children of all ages.
OTHER ACTIVITIES, THINGS TO SEE AND DO
1. Wine tasting, Honey tasting and Olive oil tasting
2. Cookery masterclass
3. Organised Spa Visits
4. Tuscan Dinner in A Tuscan Home twice a week in Summer you can book a meal to sample local produce and wines at the Agriturismo farm.