The Old Fort is the only fully restored historic plantation in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, dating back to before 1763 (that's the earliest established date from ancient maps) when French settlers started migrating to the Caribbean. It is ideal for guests that seek something different to the ordinary, those that want utmost relaxation in a special and magical location. We have been recommended by various international publications as the perfect place to go to unwind, boasting an exceptional venue that can also host any special events such as a wedding or romantic honeymoon.
Extremely private yet only minutes away from the best beaches, we are proud to offer hard-to-find classical ambiance in a beautiful natural setting. The Old Fort Historic Estate has a breath-taking location on the top of a large undisturbed estate that stretches over several hillsides down to the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea. Spectacular views, one can only dream of, overlook the horizon and the numerous Eastern and Southern Grenadine Islands. Not only can one see Bequia's close neighbour, chic Mustique which according to many can be quite uninspiring, but on a clear day also distant Grenada, which lies over 50 miles away.
The Old Fort reflects plantation house roots and has a total of eight low-key lux rooms. Numerous indoor and outdoor sitting areas allow you to enjoy island living to the fullest! There are many activities to choose from, for instance hiking through one of the many nature trails that takes you through the estate down to a private beach, or simply just enjoy the grand pool, which according to Gully Wells, who is one of the senior writers for magazines such as Condé Nast Traveller, 'is one of the most beautiful in the world'.
Large plantation buildings rebuilt from an ancient ruin, a historic sugar mill restored and turned into luxurious accommodations, elegant suites located in various areas of the expansive property, an assortment of balconies and terraces from where one can enjoy sweeping views along all the Grenadine Islands, a grand swimming pool with waterfall, a separate kids pool with grotto, an open air & inside bar, a club room lounge with massive sitting area and fireplace, beautiful custom-designed showers, large lush inside and outside gardens, numerous patios and dining areas, grand living areas with high open ceilings, several different nature trails leading through the estate to several amazing viewing spots located just above the ocean, two beautiful beaches (One black sand, one white sand) only a short hike away, tame pet donkeys, dogs and cats (Kids love them), and a trained courteous staff, including our recognized kitchen with its delicious menus and numerous international as well as local specialties.
The Old Fort, Historic Estate is the only fully restored plantation house in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, located in the heart of one of the most magnificent estates in the Caribbean. Book with us and enjoy an unforgettable experience for any occasion (kindly inform us if you require smaller or larger accommodations so that we can offer you a different rates package).
• Complimentary pickup from the Bequia Airport or the Ferry Terminal upon arrival
• A delicious home-made rum punch or one of our freshly made juices as a welcome treat
• A large selection of spacious luxurious suites, all with custom made en-suite bathrooms
• Complimentary wireless broadband internet in all rooms and around the entire property
• A personalized full daily staff and maid service to help spoil you throughout your stay
• The Old Fort's recognized kitchen offering a variety of delicious menus (guests are solely asked to pay shopping bills)
• A specialized chef and provisioning service during your stay (items can be ordered and stocked before your arrival)
• The private grand swimming pool with its waterfall and separate plunge pool with grotto (ideal for kids and families)
• Exclusive use of the spacious property with its numerous tropical gardens and chill-out areas
• The largest estate property on the island, stretching over several hillsides to the beautiful ocean below
• A complimentary daily shuttle service to and from the nicest beach on the island
• An astro-turf tennis court of which we have an exclusive membership
• Two ocean kayaks which can be used anytime and can be delivered to the beach for you
• Enjoy numerous nature trails, pasture areas and lookout points around the entire estate
* Book two weeks or more and receive a 15% discount on your booking
** Rates subject to an additional 10% Government Tax (Service Charge not requested for property bookings)