Photos and Description of this 1 bedroom holiday apartment in Sanary-sur-Mer - Belvedere
Triplex apartment on three levels, sleeps 4
Away from the bustle of the beach set back on a hill in its own gardens shared with a few other apartments, yet is only around 7 minutes walk to the nearest beach and 15 minutes to the village of Sanary sur Mer with its bustling harbour and street life.. The property has a south facing terrace where you can relax and eat alfresco, overlooking the valley and fort of six-fours-les-plages, It was refurbished in 2011, decorated and furnished to a high standard, There is a new fitted kitchen and a separate dressing room next to the shower room which has a second wardrobe and a very comfortable futon, ideal for a teenager.. There is a king size bed in the main bedroom plus a high quality sofa bed (three seatter converts to king size bed) in the lounge. A baby travel cot and high chair are also available if needed. A car is not essential but we would recommend it if you wish to explore the local area, the quiet beaches and wonderful walks in the peninsula of le Brusc
Around Sanary suer Mer and Six-four-les-Plages there are many interesting activities and attractions including:
- Art gallaries providing exhibitions of local artists work both contemporary and tradition Provencal style
- Music in many local cafes bars and restaurants, mainly blues, jazz (Weekly Jazz concets at Theatre Galli) and local Mamouche.
-Classical concerts in churches and other venues, from small ensembles to complete orchestra and choir.
- Snorkelling, wind-surfing, boating, boat trips to the calanques, Isle D'Embiez, Dolphin watching
- a music festival at le Grau a nearby island accessed via a causeway, where both famous international bands and local artists perform for two weeks in July.
-Just 10 minutes drive away is the busy port of Bandol, known as the St. Tropez of West Provence, busy marine, bustling cafe scene, many boutiques.
- Interesting coastal walks, around the littoral path or over the clanques......
- Trips to Vineyards, perched vilages, the Paul Ricard F1 test track
Discover Provence: Within an hours drive of the location, there are many interesting places for a day trip:
- The bustling market town of Aix-en-Provence to the north, which also has a Cézanne trail ( the artist spent much time in Aix and around) including the artists studio, which is open to the public.
- To the East, St. Tropez is less than an hours drive away, ideal for spotting celebrities and the rich yacht owners. Take in lunch at a harbour cafe or wander the cobbled backstreets, visit the church which has seen many celebrities get wed, shopping in the many boutiques, sit and sip a glass of wine while you watch a game of petanques (boules) in the town square.
- To the West lies Marseilles,40 mins drive away, for shopping and enjoying a true Mareilles Bouillabaisse. The Carmargue is on its doorstep, renown for its wild horses, salt marshes, and Cassis, with it's picturesque port and old Provencal atmosphere.
- travel in any direction and there is great Provencal scenery, lavender dields, vineyards, pine forests, perched villages all with a warm welcome for visitors.
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- not suitable for elderly or infirm
Guestbook comments from the manager
The apartment is in a very quiet, residential area just a ten or twelve minute walk from the beach. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony as the sun went down - nice and
quiet. The apartment is well equipped and comfortable, especially the king size bed.
We liked the beaches at Le Brusc and Portissol. It was very windy for a couple of days and watching the windsurfers at the beach closest to the apartment was very
entertaining. Wednesday market in Sanary is huge and well worth a visit.
Bob or Beatrice
The appartment provides a comfortable retreat with great amenities close by while having easy access to many of the highlights of Provence including Marseilles, the Carmargue, Aix en Provence, St Tropez. This is a very French resort, away from the riviera, less congested, but still very lively and interesting.
Good beaches.,wartersports, walking, hiking, bike riding, horse riding are all in easy reach. The vineyards, lavender fields, perched villages are stunning and the oppotunity to join locals at their regular fétes is great too.