Away from the bustle of the beach set back on a hill in its own gardens shared with a few other apartments, yet is only around 7 minutes walk to the nearest beach and 15 minutes to the village of Sanary sur Mer with its bustling harbour and street life.. The property has a south facing terrace where you can relax and eat alfresco, overlooking the valley and fort of six-fours-les-plages, It was refurbished in 2011, decorated and furnished to a high standard, There is a new fitted kitchen and a separate dressing room next to the shower room which has a second wardrobe and a very comfortable futon, ideal for a teenager.. There is a king size bed in the main bedroom plus a high quality sofa bed (three seatter converts to king size bed) in the lounge. A baby travel cot and high chair are also available if needed. A car is not essential but we would recommend it if you wish to explore the local area, the quiet beaches and wonderful walks in the peninsula of le Brusc
local attractions: Around Sanary suer Mer and Six-four-les-Plages there are a number of interesting activities and attractions including:
- Art gallaries providing exhibitions of local artists work both contemporary and tradition Provencal style
- Music in many local cafes bars and restaurants, mainly blues, jazz and local
-Classical concerts in churches and other venues, from small ensembles to complete orchestra and choir.
- Snorkelling, wind-surfing, boating, boat trips to the calanques, Isle D'Embiez, Dolphin watching
- a music festival at le Grau a nearby island accessed via a causeway, where both famous international bands and local artists perform for two weeks in July.
-Just 10 minutes drive away is the busy port of Bandol, known as the St. Tropez of West Provence, busy marine, bustling cafe scene, many boutiques.
- Interesting coastal walks, around the littoral path or over the clanques......
- Trips to Vineyards, perched vilages, the Paul Ricard F1 test track
Discover Provence: Within an hours drive of the location, there are many interesting places for a day trip:
- The bustling market town of Aix-en-Provence to the north, which also has a Cézanne trail ( the artist spent much time in Aix and around) including the artists studio, which is open to the public.
- To the East, St. Tropez is less than an hours drive away, ideal for spotting celebrities and the rich yacht owners. Take in lunch at a harbour cafe or wander the cobbled backstreets, visit the church which has seen many celebrities get wed, shopping in the many boutiques, sit and sip a glass of wine while you watch a game of petanques (boules) in the town square.
- To the West lies Marseilles,40 mins drive away, for shopping and enjoying a true Mareilles Bouibasse, and Cassis, wiht it's picturesque port and old Provencal atmosphere.
- travel in any direction and there is great Provencal scenery, vineyards, pine forests, perched villages all with a warm welcome for visitors.
Marseilles is 'European city of Culture 2013, there are many events to enjoy around the Province, and this appartment is ideally placed to get to them while having a comfortable retreat with great amenities close by. For more details follow this link: www.mp2013.fr
This fresh, light comfortable duplex apartment is situated close to the beach and the harbouur town of Sanary-Sur-Mer, a delightful, unspoilt fishing village situated in Core D'Azur, Provence. There are many activities including theatre, art galleries, music from jazz to classical quartets, churches and museums. Several local beaches offer watersports. There are motor boats and sailing boats for hire if you wish to enjoy your own impromptu trip.
There are also excellent restaurants and a bustling life around the harbour. Daily markets sell fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, meat and cheese and once a week the famous Sanary market with its array of fresh produce, clothes, linens and leather goods attracts people from fr and wide
Within an hours drive are Aix en Provence, Marseilles and St tropez. A short drive inland brings you to the famous vineyards of Bandol, beautiful pine forests to explore and pretty perched villages such as Castellet
Other Activities: Museums, churches, beaches,
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Rate||Minimum Stay|
1 Nov 2013 - 29 Mar 2014
|extra night: £50|
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (British Pound), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.