|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Brampton is not a super shiny show house! However, it is a welcoming and roomy 4 bedroomed family cottage where children (and dogs if you wish) can relax so that parents can too. There is plenty of room for two families to cook and eat in the large, fully equipped kitchen, maybe spreading onto the sunny deck outside. You can watch children play in the sunny garden while you sit at the kitchen table, or you can relax in the chairs that hang from the magnolia tree.
* Bright and sunny kitchen with large oval table seating 10 people, sofa, 2 fridges, freezer, washing m/c, dishwasher, tumble drier.
* Spacious lounge with sofas, TV, DVD player and superfast fibre optic broadband.
* All-important well stocked games room.
* Downstairs toilet.
* En-suite master bedroom with a double bed and cot / extra mattress if required. Views over farmland.
* Bedroom with double bed.
* Bedroom with two single beds.
* Family bathroom with deep roll-top bath, sink and shower.
* Separate toilet.
* Lovely attic room with a double bed, plus a sofa bed. Views over surrounding countryside.
It is possible to sleep 10 people comfortably (plus cots and mattresses).
There is plenty of space to play in the secluded garden, which has a lawn, seating on the sunny deck and a trampoline. There is plenty of parking for up to 5 cars or cars and a boat.
The best thing about Brampton, is the peace and quiet. Located on a country lane, you are rarely aware of traffic noise, apart from the odd tractor.
Conveniently, there are amenities close by, with a wide range of shops, galleries, restaurants, take-aways in the nearby towns of Penryn (2 miles), Falmouth (4 miles) or Truro (6 miles):
Penryn also has the following attractions:
* Indoor bouncy play centre with laser shooting
* Granite Planet. Indoor climbing walls.
* Jubilee Wharf. Miss Peapod's is a cafe by the water which often has live music.
Mylor Bridge and Mylor Harbour
* Fresh fish straight off the boats
* Tennis court (free)
* Playing fields with goal posts
* The Pandora Inn (character riverside pub), The Lemon Arms (good food)
* Castaways wine bar at the Harbour
* Boat hire at the Harbour
* Lovely walks / cycling
Lots more information and ideas for activities and visits in the house. I have set up a web page with pictures / recommendations / information on:
Amenities in Falmouth (4 miles) and Truro (6 miles):
* Gyllyngvase and Castle Beaches (great rock pools)
* Ships and Castles Leisure Centre (leisure pool and gym)
* Hotel swimming pools / massage services
* Interesting independent shops and galleries
* Falmouth Gallery and library. Free. Often has great workshops for children.
* Maritime Museum. Often has special events / workshops for children.
* Restaurants for every taste, including Pizza Express (with fabulous views of the harbour), Rick Stein's fish and chips, as well as 'posh' eateries many of which specialise in fish cookery.
* Pubs and bars. Many have live music.
* Night clubs.
* The Phoenix Cinema. Has licensed bar screen and sofas!
* Boat / kayak / snorkelling. Swanpool beach.
* The Hall for Cornwall Theatre
* Truro Leisure Centre with swimming pool and gym
Things to do in the area:
* Walking.It is easy to reach the coast path on either north or south coasts. Just check the weather and your mood and you can go for dramatic cliffs or calm beaches.
* Cyling. Many quiet lanes around Brampton to explore. The Coast to Coast path from Devoran to Portreath is just up the road (2.5 miles) and this links into many other bike trails such as the Great Flat Lode which explores historic mining areas.
* Water sports. Boats / surf boards can be hired at many beaches and at Mylor Harbour. Swanpool and Maenporth are close by. Good surfing beaches are Chapel Porth (low tide),Gwithian, Porthtowan, Holywell Bay, Watergate Bay,Sennen.
* Gardens / Houses. Enys is within walking distance. Trebah, Glendurgan and Trelissick are close by. Also, Trerice, Cotehele, Lanhydrock, Caerhayes.
* The Eden Project. Special events for children, music for parents.
* Tourist attractions: Flambards, Crealy, Newquay Zoo, Poldark Mine,The Track, Dairyland, Waterworld, Paradise Park, Springfields, Blue Reef Aquarium.
We have lived in this happy family house for twenty one years, and both my girls have loved growing up here. They especially love the magnolia tree in the garden which has been a favourite play centre throughout their lives. It's been a climbing frame, a ship, a den, a horse, a rocket.... so many adventures in one tree. Now that they are older, they prefer to swing in the hanging chairs and chat.
Jane Fenton purchased this cottage in 1993
Brampton is ideal for families. Everyone can sit around the kitchen table for hours, just eating, drinking, talking and playing endless games or sit on the bright, sunny deck for those summery, outdoor meals.
Visitors always comment on the peace and quiet of the countryside around Brampton.
We have had a wonderful week, very much enjoyed Brampton. Made good use of your games too. It's a great place for a family holiday.
Goonreeve is a quiet, rural hamlet close to Mylor Bridge and Falmouth and Truro. It is only 4 miles from the south coast and 9 from the north, so ideal for surfing and safe family beaches, water sports, walking and cycling as well as the exploration of historical sites, houses and gardens.
The central position means that the dramatic landscape of West Cornwall is easily accessible as well as the beautiful Lizard and varied mid Cornwall area.
The local town of Falmouth boasts beaches, galleries, many excellent restaurants and bars (including Rick Stein's fish and chips), interesting small shops, a cinema and leisure centre. Truro (6 miles) has a cathedral, shops, theatre, cinema and many restaurants.
There are numerous local places of interest, such as:
* Enys Gardens, (just down the road from Brampton)
* Mylor Harbour Watersports (close by)
* The Maritime Museum, Falmouth.
* Pendennis Castle, Falmouth.
* The Eden Project,
* The Minack Theatre,
* Trebah Gardens, Mawnan Smith
* Glendurgan Gardens, Mawnan Smith
* Trelissick Gardens,
* The Camel and Bissoe Bike Trails,
* St Just-in Roseland church,
* The Helford River
* Numerous local walks.
Other Activities: Paintball
Golf: * Killiow. An 18 hole course set in the magnificent grounds of Killiow Estate. (3.4 miles from Brampton)
* Falmouth. Has stunning sea and coastal views. (4 miles from Brampton)
* Budock Vean. 9 hole course overlooking the Helford River. (5.9 miles from Brampton)
* Truro. 18 holes. Set in natural parkland setting.(6.8 miles miles from Brampton)
Other local courses include Mullion, Perranporth and Tehidy. There are so many of them!
|Rental Period||Minimum Rate||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Rate|
May Half Term
23 May 2015 - 30 May 2015
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
11 Jul 2015 - 5 Sep 2015
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (GBP), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website: