: Nice Côte d'Azur airport
: Port of Nice or Marseille
: St. Raphaël or Les Arcs/Draguignan
: Les Adrets/Fayence
: Fréjus/St. Raphaël
: Bar de la Gare in Fayence
: Golf of Terre Blanche
: L'auberge fleurie
Fayence is a typically Provencal mountain village with lots of charm. It is located inland, about 30 km from the Côte d'Azur. The coastal towns of Cannes, Antibes, Frejus and St Maxime are accessible by car in about 40 minutes.
Attractions in Fayence:
- Market in the village core. Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- The Chateau of the Bishops of Fréjus is the 12th Century.
- The Chapelle Notre Dame des Cypres was the 15th Century built. - The church of St Jean-Baptiste from the 18th Century has a Saracen gate.
- On the bell tower is a viewpoint with an orientation table which gives an overview of the entire department of Var.
- The tourism office organizes regular tours of the ancient village of Fayence.
- Fête du Pain (Bread acquisition (feast)) takes place in odd-numbered years on the first Sunday of July.
Close by is the lake of St. Cassien with several beaches and activities such as:
- Air blown castle for children
Also in the immediate vicinity:
- Gliding Centre airport earthenware Tourrette (www. aapca net.)
- Golf course Terre Blanche (18 hole - www-terre blanche com..)
- Public swimming and tennis club (5 hard courts) with a unique view of the village of Fayence
- Gorges du Verdon is 60 km away
- St. Tropez
- Aix-en- Provence